Who says it has to be hard to get your daily amount of veggies? Veggie Loaded Spaghetti Squash w/shrimp is a protein packed and as the title suggests it is veggie loaded. It is really simple to make this a vegan meal don’t add the shrimp and use earths balance to substitute butter and remove the cheese.
Every Monday since the New Year I have been trying to do meatless meals. Why the change some may ask. I felt as a mother and wife that my family needed to eat less fatty foods and start eating more healthy, greens and lean protein type of meals. This decision wasn’t about weight loss or getting lean and mean, it was about overall health… mind, body and soul.
Now this wasn’t an easy transition, my husband being a meat and potato guy and all. I am serious about that. When I first met him he would have a steak and potato dinner (no veggies) and for dessert have another steak. So when I cook meatless I have to make sure it filling and satisfying.
Also since my husband and I both work full time away from home it has to be a simple meal one that can be made within 30 minutes an hour tops, because the last thing anyone wants to do after working all day is spend hours in the kitchen eat late and get to bed late. I prep the squash the weekend before I make this meal to save on time.
I hope you all enjoy this meatless Monday meal and find it as filling and satisfying as my family did. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Remember if you are liking what you see follow us on facebook, twitter, bloglovin, Instagram, and we are even on pinterest now!! Thank you for reading!!
- ½ cooked spaghetti squash (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced small)
- 1 small sweet potato (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1 small yellow squash chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- ¼ cup sherry cooking wine
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled, de-veined, and tail removed
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ½ cup parmesan
- If you haven't already cooked your squash, cut squash in half and clean out the pit of all seeds. Place in a 9X13 inch pan pit side down with enough water to cover the bottom. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Sauté onions in butter, oil with a pinch of salt
- Add sweet potatoes cook 10-15 minutes until tender
- Add bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, garlic and pesto. Stir and splash in the sherry.
- Add shrimp
- Sprinkle with parmesan and parsley