There are two types of people in this world, mushroom lovers, and mushroom haters. I have yet to meet a person that says “Oh, I am not sure if I like them.” Well if you are one of the many that love mushrooms you are going to love this simple ooey gooey cheesy golden brown roasted Bacon and White Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms appetizers.
I don’t remember a party I have hosted were stuffed mushrooms were not on the menu. They are the perfect appetizer. Simple mushrooms stuffed with glorious flavor loaded cheesy filling and roasted till they are golden brown. Most of the time when you see stuffed mushrooms they are made with large mushrooms, but I prefer medium to small mushrooms, after all, appetizers for a crowd are better served as one bite snacks.
Well, let’s not waste time talking about the logistics of a stuffed mushroom and instead let’s get to cooking!
When I first was learning how to cook I was taught by a very wise woman the smaller something is the higher the temp in your oven should be. So, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees, and prepping a baking sheet or pan by spraying it with nonstick spray.
Anytime you are placing bacon in anything you want to pre-cook it. If you do not you will be left with limp bacon and no one likes limp chewy bacon, it’s just not pleasant. So, precook your bacon and set it aside for later.
In a food processor combine the cream cheeses, bacon, cheddar, garlic, white pepper, smoked paprika, and green onion. Blend or pulse the mixture until everything is well combined.
Once the tops of the filling are golden brown, and the filling has melted and has become ooey gooey remove the baking sheet from the oven, allow to cool slightly, serve and enjoy!!
If your guests are mushroom lovers, they won’t get enough of these savory, flavor-loaded, Bacon and White Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms.
Want more great appetizer recipes, check out The Ultimate List of Thanksgiving Appetizers and Starters
White Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12-18 whole button mushroom
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 oz veggie spread cream cheese softened
- 2 strips bacon
- 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 green onion chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray
- In a frying pan fry up bacon until brown and crisp. When done remove bacon strips from pan and set aside on a paper towel.
- In a food processor combine cream cheeses, bacon, cheddar, garlic powder, white pepper, smoked paprika, and green onion. Pulse until well combined and blended together.
- Wash and remove stems from mushrooms. Fill each mushroom with a heaping spoon full of filling then set mushrooms in the sprayed baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly, serve and enjoy!