The easiest bunt cake to make for anyone that is a non-baker but wants to make a cake that will wow. That is what you will get with the Banana Blueberry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze.
If you follow the Messy Cutting Board you know we like to share a lot of baking recipes but rarely do any of our own. That is because baking is hard. It is a chemistry. It is an art form of precise measurements and meticulous steps planning.
Most of the recipes you will see on the site are winging it recipes that turned out time after time. Cooking recipes are more suggestions that can be altered to one’s tastes. Baking is not, it must be on point a clear-cut set of instruction and rules one must follow.
Yes, the Messy Cutting Board likes to live outside the lines and we may be a bit rebellious against rules.
That is what we love about this Banana Blueberry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze. Even though it is baking it is baking at its easiest.
With that being said, please make sure you follow the directions and measure out the ingredients.
So how did we stumble onto this recipe?
One morning I woke up to some ripe bananas. Throwing out food is something I really dislike doing, but banana bread is overplayed the same with banana pancakes. Then I decided why not try to make a cake. I had some blueberries as well as a lemon I needed to use up.
The first time I made this there was way too much flour making the cake very dense. The second time it was like a pancake. I kept working it over and over until the Banana Blueberry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze was just right. Perfect examples of my baking expertise here!
But once I got the ratio of fluid ingredients and dry ingredients and the balance of flavors just right Banana Blueberry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze became my family’s favorite cake.
Banana Blueberry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas about 1 cup when smooshed
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour plus some to coat the pan
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
Banana Blueberry Bunt Cake
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a standard size bundt pan with cooking spray and dust the inside of the pan with flour.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the large mixing bowl of your stand mixture, cream together bananas, butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Gradually beat in 2 1/2 flour mixture. Dredge blueberries with remaining 1/4 cup flour mixture, then fold into batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Place pan in the oven, reduce heat to 350 degrees F and cook for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Before serving Banana Blueberry Bundt Cake drizzle with Lemon Glaze.
- Zest the Lemon, set lemon zest aside.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, combine the sugar, lemon juice, and ½ the lemon zest with a pinch of salt.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl for 10 seconds, if it is not melted completely add 5 more seconds.
- Once melted completely whisk melted butter into sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest mixture until completely smooth, no lumps.
- Pour over bunt cake and garnish with remaining lemon zest.
Hope you all enjoy this Banana Blueberry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze. If you like what you see make sure you sign up for our free weekly newsletter to get a heads up on what’s to come, recipes straight to your inbox, and future giveaways! Also, remember you can show your love by #messycuttingboardrecipes!