Summertime and the living is easy!! Simple grilling meals make for delicious leftovers that can be transformed into amazing meals! These Blue Cheese Chicken BLT Lettuce Wraps are light yet filling and satisfying. Perfect for those hot summer nights!
Who doesn’t love pre-made spice mixes? They have so many out there, you can just walk down your cooking and baking isle of your local grocery store and find hundreds of different blend. However, some have additives that I cannot pronounce which is why I prefer to shop at spice shops. Two of my favorites are Savory Spice Shop and Urban Accents. They both have great varieties, and they are just the herbs and spices with no add-ins.
These pre-made seasonings have come in handy since we are still renovating our money pit and probably will until the day we move…hopefully back to Colorado. During the weekends we are running back and forth from the hardware store to the house working on our current project. That is when these pre-made seasonings come in. I either wake up first thing in the morning shove the meat and/or veggies in bags drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with the seasoning, mix it around in the bag, set the bag in a dish and let it marinade all day until ready to cooking. Or if I woke up later than expected I just put the spice mix on and immediately grill, either way, they are life savers for the work week as well as the weekend!
So I made this lettuce wraps with leftover chicken that I seasoned and grilled with a pre-made seasoning and some microwavable quinoa brown rice mixture. I took my grilled chicken from the crazy weekend and chopped it up. Chopped up some cucumber and red onion. Then I fried up some bacon, because who doesn’t love bacon? I wanted a little more flavor so I grabbed some dill, and for texture and a healthy crunch, I grabbed some sunflower seeds.
I bought some Seeds of Change Organic Quinoa and Whole Grain Brown Rice with Garlic because it’s nice to have a quick fix side dish on hand, whether it’s for a meal like this or a quick side. Organic, quick, healthy, and delicious what’s there not to love?
When I was done the chopping and microwaving I put all the chopped ingredients, all the leftover ingredients, bacon, dill and microwave rice and quinoa in a large mixing bowl with some blue cheese and mix it all together. Using buttery and velvety bib lettuce (love them they look like little cups) fill them with the mix. Then I took some cherry tomatoes cut them in half, place them on top and finally sprinkle with a little bit more of that bold blue cheese!
Hope you all enjoy and if you like what you see make sure you sign up for our free weekly newsletter to get a heads up on what’s to come, recipes straight to your inbox, and future giveaways! Also, remember you can show your love by #messycuttingboardrecipes!
Blue Cheese Chicken BLT Lettuce Wraps
- 2 cups Rice and Quinoa Blend
- 8 bib lettuce leafs
- 4 strips bacon fried and crumbled
- 1 cup leftover chicken chopped
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1/4 medium red onion chopped
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 tbsp dried dill
- 16 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- Make Rice and Quinoa Blend according to package directions
- Take your bib lettuce and remove and clean the lettuce leafs.
- Fry up the bacon once fried remove it from the grease and allow to cool and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Once cool crumble bacon.Chop up the leftover chicken, cucumber, and red onion.
- Place chopped chicken, cucumber, red onion, crumbled bacon, sunflower seeds, 3/4ths the blue cheese, rice and quinoa blend and dill in a large mixing bowl and mix together until well combined.
- Take the washed lettuce leafs and fill the center of the leafs with the mix in the bowl.
- Garnish top of filled lettuce leafs with sliced cherry tomatoes and remaining blue cheese. Serve and enjoy!!