Monday’s need carbs. Monday’s also need quick, simple, comforting meals. That is why this zesty, slightly spicy, Buttery Garlic Shrimp Pasta Recipe is a must have, go to Monday recipe.
Monday Monday Monday Monday. I know it is just a day just like Tuesday, or Wednesday, or even Thursday. But! It is definitely not a Friday. However, there is just something about Monday. If there was a day between Sunday and Monday just to prep for Monday I think… just maybe, Monday and I would get along.
Does anyone else feel the weird vibe in the air on Monday’s? The vibe that says “Ha! I stole your escape from the day to day mundane tasks, now you must obey!” Yep, the vibe has a voice, people. I have officially lost my mind in this 100+ degree heat.
Northern/Midwest girl is having a hard time here in Texas this year.
Well, anyways due to that vibe with a voice Monday’s are carb days. As you read there I said carb days, not carb loading days. Those are saved for special occasions.
Now Monday also has us all running around like crazy to accomplish things. Which is why it is a quick meal carb day! Making this Buttery Garlic Shrimp Pasta the perfect dish.
First thing for this quick dish is to start your pasta water. Boil water with salt. Make sure you flavor the water with salt. If you do not your pasta will taste bland.
Cook pasta 1 minute shy of recommended cooking time. Save 1 cup of the pasta water for later. This way you can finish cooking the pasta in the sauce.
While pasta is cooking start making the sauce. The sauce for this Buttery Garlic Shrimp Pasta is a butter sauce because what better day of the week to indulge than the vibe with the voice day. (Yes, I am just totally going to roll with it).
You will want to season the shrimp cook it in the sauce then remove them until the end to ensure you do not overcook the shrimp.
Once pasta and sauce are together it is time to marry everything together first the pasta and pasta water to the sauce and allow to cook 2-3 more minutes. Then toss in the shrimp and parmesan. Once well combined you are ready to serve.
I recommend sprinkling your Buttery Garlic Shrimp Pasta with some parmesan cheese and serving with a simple side salad. Yes, it may be Carb Monday with a bit of indulgent butter, but we should still have some balance.
Buttery Garlic Shrimp
- 8 oz Spaghetti Noodles
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup pasta water
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 1 minute less than package instructions; reserve one cup of pasta water for later drain well. reserve one cup of pasta water for later.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Stir in pasta and pasta water cook 2 minutes then add in parmesan. Stir until melted. Stir in shrimp.
- Seve immediately and enjoy.