A grown-up grilled cheese with an Italian spin is just what this spring
There is nothing I love more on a not too hot not too cold spring day than a grilled cheese sandwich. But, sometimes I need to turn it up a notch. That is when this Caprese Grilled Cheese sandwich comes into play.
My kids love grilled cheese sandwiches, it is truly the #1 request for lunch year-round. Now even though I love them myself sometimes mommy needs something different. Something more adult. Something that doesn’t shout my kids picked out my lunch again.
Parmesan crusted, super cheesy and, and full of fresh flavors is a lot easier to achieve then what it sounds! Place parmesan onto a shallow plate.
Spread one side of bread slices with olive oil mayo and press into parmesan Place bread, cheese side down on a working surface. Assemble sandwiches by placing provolone cheese on half the slices, place tomato slices and basil on top of the cheese finally take the other piece of bread parmesan cheese side up on top.
Then toast up both sides of the sandwiches in a nonstick skillet.
Yes, it is that simple to make Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches!
So when those tomatoes come back in season and the fresh basil is filling up your garden just pair it with some perfectly melted provolone cheese and place it between two slices of irresistible Parmesan crusted Italian bread and you have a simple delicious meal!
Caprese Grilled Cheeses are an adult version of a grilled cheese sandwich!
Don’t miss a post! Follow us on Instagram for post updates and behind the scene fun!
Looking for more delicious sandwich recipes?
Caprese Grilled Cheese
- 8 slices Italian Herb Bread
- 4 tbsp olive oil mayo
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices vine ripe tomato 1/4 inch thick
- 8 fresh basil leaves torn into pieces
- 4 slices smoked provolone cheese
- Place parmesan onto a shallow plate.
- Spread one side of bread slices with olive oil mayo and press into parmesan, coating completely. Place bread, cheese side down on a working surface. Assemble sandwiches by placing provolone cheese on half the slices, place tomato slices and basil on top of the cheese finally take the other piece of bread parmesan cheese side up on top.
- In batches, in a nonstick skillet cook sandwiches over medium heat until bread is crisp and golden and the provolone has melted. Takes about 2-3 minutes per side.