Side dishes don’t have to be complicated to have tons of flavor. Sometimes all you need is 30 minutes and under 5 ingredients. That is just what you will get when you make Cesar Vegetable Medley, simply flavorful with no hassle.
I was making Spring Herb Salmon and was going to make just a simple vegetable medley. Well, at least that is what my meal plan said. But! The day I went to make it everything sounded good except for the vegetable medley. Now don’t get me wrong these veggies are great with just a little olive oil salt and pepper, however, I just wanted something zesty something with a little more tang… my taste buds would not settle.
I certainly didn’t want to go back to the store. Honestly the less I grocery shop the better! I looked at my spices and thought been there done that…nope nope nope. Looked in my fridge, hmmm I wonder… olive oil light Caesar dressing…maybe! So I did and it was the perfect fix for my tangy needing taste buds.
See sometimes you just gotta look around, take a risk, and use what you got. It was as simple as taking my chopped up veggies placing them on a greased baking sheet drizzle with the dressing and a little extra olive oil (better to be safe than sorry, no stuck on veggies here), toss, and bake. Simple, quick, and satisfying.
Since then I have made Caesar Vegetable Medley dozen of times especially when I just need a little zesty tang on my plate!
If you want to make this complete meal check out:
Hope you all enjoy and if you like what you see make sure you sign up for our free weekly newsletter to get a heads up on what’s to come, recipes straight to your inbox, and future giveaways! Also, remember you can show your love by #messycuttingboardrecipes!
Cesar Vegetable Medley
- 1/2 zucchini halved and slice 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 yellow summer squash halved and slice 1/4 inch thick
- 4 baby portabella mushrooms slice 1/4 inch thick
- 8 baby carrots halved
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil Cesar Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a medium baking sheet
- Take the cut and sliced vegetables (Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Mushrooms, and Carrots) and scatter them on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and Olive Oil Cesar Dressing and toss vegetables until well coated.
- Place baking sheet on the top rake in the oven for 15 minutes. Vegetables will still be crispy but slightly roasted. Allow the vegetables to cool slightly before serving and enjoy!!