I can’t stress this enough! Whole chickens are the best! They are inexpensive and they provide a ton of meat for meals.
Roast one on Sunday. Use the leftovers in a casserole, soup, tacos, sandwiches the list goes on and on later in the week to make a quick simple delicious meal.
As a bonus save the bones can be used to make homemade chicken stock. The stock can be used for pastas, soup, gravy and sauces.
Yes, guys you read that right one whole chicken can be made into not 1, not 2, but 3 meals! Hard to get more cost efficient than that!
This Chili Butter Roasted Chicken is one of those many whole chicken dishes, and it is as simple as 1, 2, 3 to put together!
The first thing to keep in mind is that whole chickens
In a small mixing bowl mix all the flavor components together. Chili Base, honey, butter, lime juice, cilantro, red onion, garlic, salt, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire until completely combined.
Then you want to rinse off the chicken with cold water. Take a disposable paper towel and pat the chicken dry. Having dry skin will help the chicken skin get crispy.
Once patted dry you want to place the chicken in the pan or skillet you will be roasted it in. Then rub the flavor mixture all over the chicken.
Once coated with flavor place in oven and bake for 45minutes – 2 hours depending on the size of the bird. As soon as the bird is
There you have it a simple delicious slightly spicy Chili Butter Roasted Chicken Sunday dinner. Remember to use the leftovers to make a delicious meal later in the week!
Looking for more Sunday Chicken Recipes
Chili Butter Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tbsp better then bouillon Chili Base
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp red onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a small mixing bowl combine, chili base, honey, butter, lime juice, cilantro, red onion, garlic, salt, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire until it is completely combined.
- Rinse off the whole chicken and remove any giblets from the inside. Using a disposable paper towel pat the chicken dry.
- Take the butter mixture and spread it all over the outside of the chicken. Lay the chicken into an oven safe pan. Place in oven and allow to cook for 90 minutes basting it every 30 minutes. Cook until the internal temp of the chicken is 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the juices run clear.
- Allow the chicken to rest 10 minutes before carving.