Need help figuring out what to do with those leftover potatoes in your fridge? This post will help you elevate the flavor and give you a total universal recipe you can use!
No matter what I do I always have leftover potatoes!! Anyone else out there like that? What do you do with yours, just heat them up and eat them, stare at them every time you open the fridge and do nothing with them, or just figure there is no use for them and throw them out?
Growing up my mom would always use up those extra potatoes for breakfast. Whether it is a leftover baked potato, roasted potato wedges, or diced potatoes. All you have to do is place a little butter in the bottom of a frying pan, I like to add a little onion, salt and pepper and the leftover potatoes diced up and fry them up until the white flesh of the potatoes starts to turn lightly golden.
I do not recommend doing this with mashed potatoes, it just makes a mess…trust me…. I have tried.
And there you have it, folks, it is really that simple, and the frying of the potatoes elevates the flavor and gives it an amazing texture. Goes great with eggs, omelets, pancakes, waffles, as well as, alongside chicken, pork chops, or even a burger or sandwich These little Fried Leftover Potatoes are a complete universal way to use up that leftover so they don’t go to waste!!
Hope you all enjoy and if you like what you see make sure you sign up for our free weekly newsletter to get a heads up on what’s to come, recipes straight to your inbox, and future giveaways! Also, remember you can show your love by #messycuttingboardrecipes!
Fried Leftover Potatoes
- 2 large leftover baked potato Diced
- 1 small white onion Chopped
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- Salt and pepper
- If you haven't yet dice your leftover potato or diced your onion do so before you start making this dish.
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet over medium low heat. Add onions with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until onions are softened and slightly translucent.
- Add potatoes in with the onions and turn up the heat to medium. Allow potatoes to cook for a few minutes before stirring. You want to allow time for the potatoes to fry up and turn golden brown. Continue cooking and stirring until all sides (well most) are golden brown.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!! Careful the inside of the potatoes will be hot.
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]