They say preparation leads to success. They also say if you write it down you are more likely to follow through. For these reasons I am writing down my 2020 goals and I challenge you to do the same thing!
Before I did my goals I sat down and reviewed the lessons I have learned over the last year.
Now I could create a fancy worksheet for you to use, but this year I want to keep this simple. Just take a scratch sheet of paper, a notebook, or whatever you have on hand and do your goals with me as you read along.
Word of the Year
Did you know one word can make all the difference to your year? I want you to think of one word that will describe how you want 2020 to be. This will also help you set the tone for your goals.
Last year my word was rebuild. We just lost our jobs, our savings, and our home. Rebuild was the most suitable. I was down on myself for failing so I had to re-build my self-love. Money was tight so I had to rebuild our finances. Our family was hanging on by a thread due to the challenges and the stress, so we had to re-build our family bond. Yes, we are still working on a lot of these things but focusing on it for a year has really made for some positive changes in our life.
2020’s word is going to be Thrive for me. I want to thrive in a life that is so full of positive energy. I want to take my business/blog to the next level and thrive with success. I want to thrive financially and work hard to get out of debt.
Goals for 2020
I think it is essential to set goals. It gives you something to work for. It is a challenge within one’s self. I also think earning self-rewards once goals are achieved is a great excuse to reward yourself!
Goals are not resolutions. Goals are things that you plan and work toward. A resolution is a hope you will do something. So, plan goals not resolutions for 2020.
I break it down into a few sections. I like to have 5 personal goals and 5 business goals. Then I add three ways I can accomplish each goal.
My Personal Goals for 2020
- Weed out the negative people that are weighing me down
- Help more people by volunteering and being a better friend
- Speak positive words and walk away from gossip
Continue my healthy lifestyle commitment
- Don’t buy junk
- Be more active
- Remember your kids need you for a long time
Self-awareness and self-care
- Eat health foods including 3 meals a day as well as 2 snacks
- Remind myself it’s okay to step away and just breath
- Start working out again
Pay off Debts
- Budget like crazy
- Plan for big events, Birthdays, holidays, vacations, back to school before they happen
- Only buy what we NEED
Spend my time wisely
- Learn to Schedule better
- Set every Friday Night aside and Sundays for Family only
- Get Chores done during the week, so weekends are spent for fun, not to-dos
My Business Goals 2020
- Do a photoshoot
- Re-do About Me
- Re-do Menus
- Build the Shops and Free Resource Page
Work with Brands
- Educate myself on how to work with brands
- Get media kit updated and done
- Research and E-mail brands
Increase Page Views
- Stay Consistent
- Share posts across Social Media Regularly
- Host A giveaway
Increase Presents on Social Media
- Start making videos
- Start Making Recipes on social media
- Start a Tuesday Tip Story for the followers
Newsletter every Friday
- Map out the newsletter to make it simple and easy to follow
- Schedule out a time every week to get Newsletter done
- Work on special series newsletters for Back To School, Holidays, and Giveaways
Look Ahead Goals
Then I look at the future. You hear Racheal Hollis talk a lot about something called a visual board. Those are just a collection of pictures you find that match what you picture for your future. The kids and I are working on ours and I will share them on the lifestyle MCB Instagram page when they are done.
However, before you build a visual board, I think it is important to write down your 3-year goals your 5-year goals and your 10-year goals as well as ways you can accomplish them.
My Future Goals
Be ¾ debt free
- Stick with budgeting
- Only buy what we need
- Plan for the unexpected
Look at a Forever Home
- Save up a good down Payment
- Figure out what we want
- Don’t settle, good things come to those who wait.
Publish my First Cookbook
- Map out primus
- Develop Recipes
- Take photos
Grow the MCB Blog
- Stay Consistent
- Have 10,000 Insta Followers with 80% engagement
- Create Challenges
- Be Debt Free (except for the house)
- Start Investing
- Passive income consistent
Go to a blogging convention
- Decide which one
- Save the money
- Plan ahead
Grow the MCB Blog
- Have Medvaid Advertising
- Partner with Brands
- Build a shop
Go to Disney Land
- Save up
- Plan Out
- Go for the package deal
Be Financially Stable
- Kids College Fund
- Have 10,000 in savings
- Be Debt Free
Publish a Full-Length Book
- Keep writing your truth
- Look into self-publishing
- Buy an editing app
- Publish a Holiday Cookbook
- Publish a Meal Plan Cookbook
- Make my first $100,000
What word will best describe what you want to happen in 2020, and what are some of your goals you look forward to achieving in the upcoming year?