Summertime means grilling and herb season in my house. Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon may sound a little fancy, but it only takes 5 minutes to prep and is ready in 15-20 minutes. Who can go wrong with those numbers?
Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon came about when my herb beds were overflowing, and I had some lemons that were about to be too ripe. Really there is no better combo than lemon and herbs. It is great on steak, amazing on chicken, but incredible on fish.
I was having a day. You know a day, one where you can’t seem to get anything achieved. No matter what you do nothing goes right.
The morning we decided to make Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon, we woke up to a huge tree branch laying in our backyard. See we had one of those amazing Texas storms blow through the night before. It only took us all day to trim and cut it, plus pick up the yards. So, we need a quick, healthy, satisfying dinner. One that says you did good today, even though nothing on your to-do list got checked off.
Yep, one of those days should always end with a rewarding meal.
But! With limited time what was I to do? Salmon cooks fast so it was perfect, but what about the wow factor. I took a lemon zested it and juiced it added some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then I looked outside. Basil, Thyme, Rosemary, Oregano, and Chive. Yes, Yes, Yes!! Decided to use my handy dandy smoothie blender cup to make the “marinade,” because I wanted it smooth.
Sliced half of another lemon for the top of the salmon and cut the other half into wedges in case anyone else would want more.
Do not allow the salmon to sit in this “marinade” for long. The salt and lemon make the texture of the salmon a bit leathery when it is left for too long. My tip place salmon on the grill then immediately pour the herb blend on top of the salmon and lay lemons on top. The Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon will get the flavor without the leathery texture.
Grill the salmon for 15-20 minutes until desired cooking temp is achieved. 15 minutes for medium, 20 minutes for well done.
There you have it simple, delicious, quick Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon the perfect meal for a rewarding day!
Well, guys, you get a special treat today! A complete meal posts. Here is what we served up with Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon.
Some buttery garlic parmesan Brussel sprouts with sun-dried tomatoes the perfect combination of cheesy spiciness. Which pairs well with the earthiness of the herb blend placed on the Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon, and just as easy to prep. Chop, drizzle, coat, toss, wrap in foil then toss on the grill.
Then to tie it all together with some veggie loaded rice pilaf. This takes 12 minutes beginning to end in the instant pot. Just took my basic rice pilaf recipe and elevated it with some summertime zucchini, yellow squash, and some baby belle mushrooms.
Now let’s break this down you can have Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon, plus Buttery Parmesan Brussel Sprouts, and Summer Veggie Loaded Rice Pilaf all within 30 minutes including prep! You can even whip up some side salads in that time as well! Now that is what I call winning on a not winning day!
Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped onion
- 2 fresh basil leafs
- 2 fresh sprigs thyme
- 1 fresh small sprig rosemary
- 2 fresh spring oregano
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 lb fresh salmon fillet skin on
- Warm up the grill.
- Add melted butter, olive oil, garlic, onion basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano, Worcestershire, lemon juice and a pinch of salt to a small blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture on top of the salmon fillet and spread all over the pink flesh. Lay sliced lemons on top of salmon and the mixture.
- Once the grill is ready place salmon on the grill skin side down. Cook until salmon is cooked all the way through. Takes 15-20 minutes depending on thickness. (use a fork to test if you stick the fork into the thickest portion and twist slightly it should flake easily)
- Remove and serve.
Parmesan Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 lb Brussels Spouts halved
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes in oil chopped
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Once butter is completely melted add garlic, parsley, parmesan, and salt
- Placed halved Brussel sprouts on top of a large sheet of tin foil drizzle with butter mixture. Toss Brussel sprouts until well coated. Top with sun-dried tomatoes. Fold and seal ends of foil. Place foil with Brussel sprouts on the grill for 10 minutes. Flip and cook another 10 minutes.
- Allow the foil to cool 3 minutes before opening foil. Carefully open foil (there will be steam, steam is hot, steam will hurt you) and serve.
Loaded Veggie Rice Pilaf
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 baby orange pepper chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 4 baby Bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 yellow squash chopped
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/4 cup spaghetti noddle bits
- 2 1/4 cups veggie stock
- Place Instant Pot on Saute Mode. Melt butter and saute onions, celery, orange peppers, carrots, mushrooms with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, parsley, and paprika. Cancel saute mode. Add in Zucchini and Yellow Squash.
- Add in rice, spaghetti noodle bits, and veggie stock. Give it a quick stir. Place lid on make sure vent is in seal position. Then put it in rice mode.
- When the timer goes off, carefully rotate the vent valve to vent the vent position. Again be careful hot steam will vent out and if your hand is in the way you will get injured.
- Once completely vented you will be able to remove the lid, fluff the rice and serve.
Hope you all enjoy these Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon. If you like what you see make sure you sign up for our free weekly newsletter to get a heads up on what’s to come, recipes straight to your inbox, and future giveaways! Also, remember you can show your love by #messycuttingboardrecipes!