Summertime means grilling and herb season in my house. Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon may sound a little fancy, but it only takes 5 minutes to prep and is ready in 15-20 minutes. Who can go wrong with those numbers?
(Original post date Aug 14, 2018 / Links and post updated Dec 22, 2022)
Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon came about when my herb beds were overflowing, and I had some lemons that were about to be too ripe. Really there is no better combo than lemon and herbs. It is great on steak, amazing on chicken, but incredible on fish.
I was having a day. You know a day, one where you can’t seem to get anything achieved. No matter what you do nothing goes right.
The morning we decided to make Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon, we woke up to a huge tree branch laying in our backyard. See we had one of those amazing Texas storms blow through the night before. It took us all day to trim and cut it, plus pick up the yards. So, we need a quick, healthy, satisfying dinner. One that says you did good today, even though nothing on your to-do list got checked off.
Yep, one of those days should always end with a rewarding meal.
But! With limited time what is one to do?
How to Make Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon
- Salmon cooks fast so it was perfect, but what about the wow factor. I took a lemon zested it and juiced it added some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then I looked outside, basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano, and chive. Yes, Yes, Yes!! Decided to use my handy dandy smoothie blender cup to make the “marinade,” because I wanted it smooth.
- Sliced half of another lemon for the top of the salmon and cut the other half into wedges in case anyone else would want more.
- Grill the salmon for 15-20 minutes until desired cooking temp is achieved. 15 minutes for medium, 20 minutes for well done.
There you have it simple, delicious, quick Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon the perfect meal for a rewarding day!
Want to make this complete meal? Whip up some Buttery Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts and Summer Veggie Loaded Rice Pilaf.
Yes, follow the same direction except preheat your oven to 400 degrees, place fish on a sheet pan, and cook 10-15 minutes until fork tender.
It is amazing on steak, pork and shrimp. Totally universal.
Nothing, fish recipes are tricky because cook time depends on thickness of the fish as well as were you are located. If the fish is less than an inch thick reduce cook time, if you live at high altitude increase cook time. My recommendation is to check on the fish every 5 minutes. Take a fork poke it and twist once it flakes easily it is done.
More Fish Recipes
Recipe for Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon
Grilled Lemon Herb Salmon
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped onion
- 2 fresh basil leafs
- 2 fresh sprigs thyme
- 1 fresh small sprig rosemary
- 2 fresh spring oregano
- ⅛ tsp Worcestershire
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 lb fresh salmon fillet skin on
- Warm up the grill.
- Add melted butter, olive oil, garlic, onion basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano, Worcestershire, lemon juice and a pinch of salt to a small blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture on top of the salmon fillet and spread all over the pink flesh. Lay sliced lemons on top of salmon and the mixture.
- Once the grill is ready place salmon on the grill skin side down. Cook until salmon is cooked all the way through. Takes 15-20 minutes depending on thickness. (use a fork to test if you stick the fork into the thickest portion and twist slightly it should flake easily)
- Remove and serve.
Let’s Get Social
Pin Grilled Herb Salmon for Later
Looking For More Recipes
Be sure to head over to The Messy Cutting Boards Recipe Box where you will find family-friendly meals no matter what the season.