My favorite Summer Time Meal has to be hands down salads. They are so light yet filling, perfect for those hot night! However eating just salad can get mundane after a while, that why I came up with this Grilled Peach Salad with Grilled Lemon Honey Dijon Dressing, succulent, smoky, slightly spicy, tart, robust, sweet and zesty all on one plate!
See during summer I eat a lot of salads, light and filling perfect for hot days. But!!! Salads can get very boarding and start to feel repetitive even with all the dressings and toppings, there is a lot of varieties of salads out there. I knew that if I was truly going to eat a salad that night I would have to make it some kind of special. Peaches are in season, and one of my favorite desserts is grilled peaches with a drizzle of honey, so why not do a savory play on that in salad form? Right!?!
Yep, I too thought I lost my mind planning this salad while grocery shopping… which planning while shopping is NEVER a good idea!
Well, after I bought all the ingredients I thought what kind of dressing I will use… All I knew is I wanted to make something with honey. Now the savory part comes in, in my dressing mixer cup I placed some olive oil, honey, and a little Dijon mustard to help give it a tang…. but it needed more… grilled lemons tart, sweet, sour, and slightly smoky… perfect!
Now since I am making pizza and wings as well I wanted to keep this salad pretty basic so I used simple crisp Romaine lettuce as the base, grilled up my peaches, sliced them then added the sliced peaches along with roasted pecans, raw red onion, and dried craisins. Finally, I drizzled with my sweet and tangy Grilled Lemon Honey Dijon Dressing.
Let me tell you there was nothing normal, boring, and repetitive, about this Grilled Peach Salad with Grilled Lemon Honey Dijon Dressing. The grilled succulent peaches, paired with the crunchy pecans, spicy onions, and the tart craisins, then topped with the robust sweet zesty dressing. It’s the ultimate flavor party in your mouth!!
What’s your favorite Summer Time Meal?
Hope you all enjoy and if you like what you see make sure you sign up for our free weekly newsletter to get a heads up on what’s to come, recipes straight to your inbox, and future giveaways! Also, remember you can show your love by #messycuttingboardrecipes!
Grilled Peach Salad with Grilled Lemon Honey Dijon Dressing
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped and cleaned
- 1 peach
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup dried craisins
- 1/4 small red onion
Grilled Lemon Honey Dijon Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper just a pinch
- 1 tbsp coarse ground Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp clove honey
- 1 lemon grilled and juiced
- Cut the lemons and peach in half remove the seed from te peach and place on grill cut side down on. Allow to grill until you get grill marks appear. (Careful when grabbing the fruit off the grill they will be hot and soft meaning the lemon juice will come out easy and will be very hot.) Remove from grill, set aside and allow to cool.
Grilled Lemon Honey Dijon Dressing
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, and lemon juice from grilled lemon (see recipe notes) add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until salad it put together
Put the Grilled Peach Salad Together
- Lay chopped and cleaned Romaine Lettuce on the plate, Slice the peach into slices or chunks and place on top of the lettuce, sprinkle with chopped pecans, dried craisins, and the red onion. Finally, drizzle with dressing and serve.