The holidays can be stressful especially if you are doing the entertaining and the cooking. Limit some of that stress by using your holiday meal to create delicious meals for the following week and more. This Ham and Cheese Potato Bake are one of those stress-less meals. Created with leftover holiday ham.
When it comes to prepping for the week, it is best to cook once and use twice.. or maybe more. The same thing goes for the holidays, except I like to say cook once use 10 plus times. Ham is one of those proteins that easily feeds a crowd and typically you will have plenty of leftovers.
How to Handle Holiday Leftovers and Reducing Your Waste
Depending on how many leftovers I have depends on what I do. If I have a ton then while cleaning up the holiday feast I portion and divide the leftovers into freezer bags and freeze for a later date. Only keeping out what I will eat and use in the upcoming week.
I know if I don’t do this portioning and dividing right away come to the end of the week I will be throwing so much away which is equivalent to throwing money away. Being on a financial journey to becoming debt-free that just doesn’t work.
Some ideas to use those leftovers are soups, potato cakes, hash, pasta, and this Ham and Cheese Potato Bake. The best part of leftover dishes can be prepped in under 10 minutes and is ready in under an hour.
How To Make Ham Cheese and Broccoli Potato Bake
This dish is a true one pan wonder. Everything is dumped and mixed in the same dish you are going to back it in!
- First up gather up your ingredients: a bag of diced potato, frozen broccoli, diced leftover ham, cheddar cheese, and some heavy cream.
- Spray a large casserole dish with none stick spray.
- First, dump the potatoes in the dish.
- Then dump the broccoli.
- Next, dump the cheese on top.
- Finally, dump on the ham.
- Once everything is dumped mix until everything is well combined.
- Then pour on the heavy cream.
- Cover and bake in the oven 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake an additional 15 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven serve and enjoy.
As a mom, the best part of this dish is that the veggies are hidden in this gooey cheesy goodness so there is no fighting with the kids to eat the healthy stuff. So next time you have leftover ham pick up a few extra ingredients and wipe up this quick and simple leftover ham and cheese potato bake dish!
Other Holiday Leftover Ham Dishes
Grab the Recipe for Ham and Cheese Potato Bake
Ham Cheese and Broccoli Potato Bake
- Casserole Dish
- 1 28 oz bag diced potatoes, peppers, and onion blend
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups chopped leftover ham
- 16 oz heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a large 9X13 size casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Dump the potatoes into the casserole dish, then the broccoli, cheese, and ham and mix it until it is fully combined.
- Pour the cream all over the top.
- Cover dish and place in the oven. Allow the casserole to 30-45 minutes until the potatoes are no longer frozen. Then remove the cover and place back in the oven for 10-15 more minutes until the top starts to golden.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve