If you are looking for a simple side dish you’re in the right spot! Honey Garlic Carrots and Asparagus takes only a few minutes to prep, and are loaded with a sweet and spicy flavor. Not to mention the colors are bold and vibrant making any meal look deliciously fancy!
Post updates 7/26/2020 (original post 8/23/2017)
When I made Cherry Balsamic Chicken with an Orange Twist I wanted a simple side dish that was just as fancy as the main course but would take little time and effort to put together to make.
I find the easier the meal the fancier most people think it is. The trick is not to over complicate things. Less is always more when it comes to cooking.
Creating Honey Garlic Carrot Asparagus
When pairing sides with main courses you want to make sure that the flavors complement each other. Honey is my go-to contrast when cooking with balsamic. A little bit of sweet with a little acidic twist.
I decided on asparagus and carrots because the color combination is bright and beautiful.
I love the flavor of honey but by itself, it is too sweet so I tone back that sweetness with garlic. Finally, I added some sliced red onion for a little more flavor and color.
How to Make Honey Garlic Carrots and Asparagus
Let’s cook! First peel, cut, and julienne your carrots, as well as, trim the tough fibrous bottoms off the asparagus, and slice the onion.
Place all prepped veggies on a lined baking sheet, drizzle with honey, season with garlic, salt, and pepper, and toss everything together on the baking sheet. You could always use a bowl but the fewer dishes I have to do the happier I am.
Spread all ingredients out on the baking sheet making sure you do not overlap the ingredients. Place the Honey Garlic Carrots and Asparagus in the oven for 15 minutes.
Allow the vegetables to slightly cool before serving, because no one wants to get burned.
Honey Garlic Carrots and Asparagus is a simple straightforward dish that takes no time to put prep and bake. It is a simple dish with a fancy flair!
Make a Complete Meal
Get the Recipe
Honey Garlic Carrots and Asparagus
- 2 carrots peeled and julienned
- 1/2 lb Asparagus
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/8 cup honey
- 2 large cloves garlic chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with baking paper.
- Peel, cut, and julienne your carrots, as well as, trim the tough fibrous bottoms off the asparagus, and slice the onion.
- Place all prepped veggies on a lined baking sheet, drizzle with honey, season with garlic and salt, and toss everything together on the baking sheet. Spread all ingredients out and place the baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow the vegetables to slightly cool before serving.