That sweet tangy savory addictive flavor or Honey Mustard Pretzels made into a meal! These Honey Mustard Pretzel Pork Chips are just that in a 20-minute meal.
Have you ever sat there eating a snack and wondered what it would be like to turn this into a meal?
Yes! I know I am a little weird, but that is how my brain works.
In my defense this time I wasn’t eating a snack. This time my husband got a huge box/bag of pretzels for Christmas, and if you know my husband you know pretzels are not his jam.
So, I had to get creative with these delicious pretzels before the kids and I ate them all, because we love pretzels. Yes, I think my husband is a weirdo for not diving in and enjoying his awesome Christmas gift.
That is when I thought you can bread meat in chips, bread, nuts really anything you can think of. Why not pretzels? Then the question was what goes with pretzels? My first thought was cheese… but cheese and pretzel crusted meat… um no! Then it hit me mustard, Honey Mustard!!!
Then I remembered we had some pork chops and the freezer and boom we have a recipe!
I decided it would be easier to marinade the pork chops for two reasons. The first one being once they are marinade the dish is pretty much done and it only takes a few minutes during the weekend when I meal prep. Second is because marinating adds flavor through the meat not just on the surface.
The marinade is super simple and comes together in less than 2 minutes. Whisk together mayo, yellow mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and honey. Place pork chops in a resealable bag pour marinade and
When you are ready to cook them up. Smash pretzels. Remove pork chops from marinade and press pretzel bits into pork chops. Lay on broiler rack or something like and place in oven and let bake with broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. In less than 30 minutes you have an amazing meal!
If you are a salty tangy honey mustard pretzel lover these pork chops are for you!
Looking for More Quick Simple Complete Meals
Honey Mustard Pretzel Pork Chop
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cups crushed pretzels thick sticks work best but any pretzels will do
- In a small mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, honey, and dijon mustard. Once completely combined pour into a resealable bag. Place pork chops in the bag with the sauce and toss until everything is coated. Allow the pork chops to marinate 3-12 hours.
- If you haven’t crushed your pretzels this is a good time to do it. Place in resealable bag, remove as much air as you can. Use a rolling pin and roll over it until they are crushed.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Pour crushed pretzels into a shallow pan. Remove marinaded pork chops out of bag one at a time. Lay onto crushed pretzels and press pretzels until they stick to pork chop, flip and do the same, make sure you get the sides. Repeat until all pork chops are coated in pretzel crumbles.
- Place each coated pork chop on a broiling rack (or something similar) and bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until opaque throughout. Serve and enjoy!