Looking for that perfect side dish that can go with almost anything? A simple, delicious, fresh, and fluffy no fuss Instant Pot Rice Pilaf is what we are cooking up today!
If you have ever made rice before and it’s flopped. I totally sympathize with you, I used to despise cooking rice! It is the most frustrating thing, it was either overcooked or burnt to the bottom of the pan.
Now we make rice and pilaf at least twice a month thanks to the instant pot. It really takes the work and worries out of making rice. Plus keep my grocery cost down. No more needing to by the 60-second microwave rice as a backup plan.
Well before I get to rambling, let’s pour a drink, crank up the tunes, and get to cooking some Instant Pot Rice Pilaf.
With you instant pot on sauté mode melt butter and sauté onion, celery, and mushrooms with a pinch of salt. After 5 minutes of sautéing add in garlic, pepper, paprika, and parsley.
Turn off sauté mode and add veggie stock, pasta, and rice. Give it a quick stir to combine. Close the lid make sure the valve is in the sealed position and press the rice button.
Allow cooking for the preprogrammed 8 minutes. When the timer goes off carefully move the valve to the vent position and once pressure is released remove lid, fluff the Instant Pot Rice Pilaf and serve.
I know what you are thinking! How can something so fancy be so simple? However, folks, it is really that easy to make delicious, fresh, and fluffy Instant Pot Rice Pilaf.
Instant Pot Rice Pilaf
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 celery stocks chopped
- 4 baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup raw spaghetti noodle bits
- 2 1/4 cup veggie stock
- Place Instant Pot on Saute Mode. Melt butter and saute onions, celery, mushrooms with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, parsley, and paprika. Cancel saute mode
- Add in rice, spaghetti noodle bits, and veggie stock. Give it a quick stir. Place lid on make sure vent is in seal position. Then put it in rice mode.
- When the timer goes off, carefully rotate the vent valve to vent the vent position. Again be careful hot steam will vent out and if your hand is in the way you will get injured.
- Once completely vented you will be able to remove the lid, fluff the rice and serve.