Baked, not greasy, cheesy and full of savory flavor. The perfect side dish to burgers and hot dogs. Yep! You got it we are digging into some Italian Cheesy Garlic Steak Fries!
Well it’s true these Italian Cheesy Garlic Steak Fries take only moments to prep and they are baked not fried. Therefore toss in your oven, set a timer, and forget about them. Perfection!!
Wash your potatoes well. With steak fries, you leave the skin on. If you don’t scrub them well your fries will test just like soil.
Place potato slices in a large mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and basil and dump in cheese. Now toss all together, I use my hands to toss, and coat all the potato slices as evenly as possible.
Now dump contents of the bowl onto a large baking sheet, and scatter them around, try you best not to overlap the potato slices. Place baking sheet on top rack of the oven. Set a timer and do what you want until they are done.
When done these Italian Cheesy Garlic Steak Fries are slightly golden and are so savory and flavorful there will be no need for ketchup.
Hope you all enjoy and if you like what you see make sure you sign up for our free weekly newsletter to get a heads up on what’s to come, recipes straight to your inbox, and future giveaways! Also, remember you can show your love by #messycuttingboardrecipes!
Italian Cheesy Garlic Steak Fries
- 4 russet potatoes scrubbed clean
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp dry basil
- 1/4 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese
- Line a large baking sheet with baker's paper and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub the potatoes clean, cut your potato in half, then lay flat on cutting board and cut longways into 1/8 inch thick slices. I usually get 6 per half.
- Place the potato slices into a large mixing bowl, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and basil and dump in cheese toss together until all potatoes slices are evenly coated.
- Dump potato slices onto the lined baking sheet, and scatter them around, try you best not to overlap the potato slices. Place baking sheet on top rack of the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes flipping half way through and until potatoes are tender and slightly golden.
- Remove from oven allow to cool slightly and enjoy!!