Who doesn’t love lemon chicken? What do you do with the leftovers? Why not make a soup? This Lemon Herb Chicken Noodle Soup is the perfect soup for those chilly fall nights or when you have a cold.
I have a confession to make. I don’t always use my leftovers. Sometimes I just don’t get around to it. You know life gets crazy. I always have the intention to use them but sometimes I must settle for freezing them and saving them for later.
The main thing is to cut back on waste. Whether you freeze, warm up, or reinvent the ingredients, as long as, they don’t end up in the trash you are doing your part to make this world a healthier place.
About a month ago I shared a recipe for Lemon Herb Butter Chicken Kabobs served with Sundried Tomato Pesto Spaghetti. The Spaghetti made for the perfect lunch later in the week, but the chicken I didn’t have time to reinvent so I placed it in a food storage freezer bag and froze it for a later date.
Then one day my daughter had a cough, my son had a runny nose, and I had a sore throat. Pretty sure it was all allergy related but we all felt like staying in our PJ’s, watching movies, and just be lazy.
We all really wanted chicken soup, but I had none frozen and none in the pantry. Then I remembered the Lemon Herb Butter Chicken Kabobs in the freezer! A Lemon Herb Chicken Noodle Soup yum!
The Lemon would help my sore throat and the garlic and onion may even clear our sinuses. Thanks to my instant pot this recipe was quick and simple, but you can also make it on the stove top and cook it for 20 extra minutes before adding the milk.
If you are looking for a comforting soup and you by chance have some leftover lemon chicken this Lemon Herb Chicken Noodle Soup is just for you!
Lemon Herb Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 3 baby yellow peppers sliced
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 fresh oregano sprigs
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 basil leafs sliced
- 1 yellow squash quartered and sliced
- 1 zucchini quartered and sliced
- 2 cups leftover lemon chicken
- 4 lemon slices
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups Tri-Color Rotini Pasta
- 1 1/2 cup cream
- pinch of salt
- In your instant pot on saute mode add butter mushrooms, peppers, onions, and a pinch of salt and saute until veggies start to soften. 3-5 minutes
- Stir in oregano, rosemary, thyme, garlic and basil cook for 1 minute.
- Add in yellow squash, zucchini, leftover chicken, lemon slices, honey, chicken stock, and noodles stir until everything is well combined.
- Turn off saute mode, cover, and set on soup mode for 15 minutes.
- Once done carefully vent the instant pot. Once depressurized remove lid then removes lemon slices and herb stems. Mix in cream. And serve.