Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
There is nothing better than a lazy Sunday. Especially if that lazy Sunday includes an incredibly easy yet fancy Sunday Dinner. This Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken is a stunning sight lined with lemon slices and tastes as good as it looks. Plus is a simple one pot wonder when you make it with Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts.
It is rare to hear someone say that they are not busy these days! It seems like the older I get the more hectic life is becoming! Which is why I love meals like this Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts. Not only does it look like I spent all day working on this masterpiece when honestly, I was probably cleaning my house and getting my kids caught up on school work, but it also has a fresh zesty melt in your mouth spring flavor.
Well, I don’t know about you, but I have a feeling this year is going to go by super-fast, it’s already Mid-April. Spring, even though many states are still getting snow!
Since time is flying by I find that some days it is hard to stay on track with my eating healthy goals. The temptation to go to the drive-through and save time and energy is real. But! I know now more than ever, teaching my kids good eating habits are essential and even though cooking some days is a hassle I must save those drive-through nights for rewards rather than convenience.
The time restraints for cooking meals has really grown my love for one-pot wonders and sheet pan meals. Typically, prep is a quick and simple, plus, fewer dishes needing to be washed which saves even more time at the end of the day.
This Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts is no different than any other one pot wonder. I love to cook it in my cast iron skillet or large Dutch oven. Perfect for Sunday Dinner. While you are getting ready for the week ahead, your dinner can be cooking in the oven. Or if you are having a special guest you want to wow, trust me they will think you spent all day in the kitchen prepping this meal when it took you less than 20 minutes to prep and you took some much-needed self-time.
See what is there not to love about a simple eye-catching, zesty, melt in your mouth Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts. It fits into your busy days, a simple and quick fresh spring flavors throw together one pot wonder. Now that calls for a mom celebration dance!!!
Now all that is left is for you to pour yourself a drink, crank up the tunes, and get to cook’n!
Lemon Herb Whole Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 Meyer lemons sliced
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary crushed
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tbsp smoked sea salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted and divided
- 1/2 lb medley potatoes cut in half
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp Meyer lemon zest
- 1 tsp red onion finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large dutch oven place rinsed whole chicken. Drizzle with half the melted butter. Sprinkle with rosemary, thyme, and salt. Lay lemon sliced on top fanned out. Place extra lemon sliced and ends of the lemons in the cavity of the chicken.
- Cover Dutch oven and cook chicken for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the potatoes and the Brussels Sprouts. Once they are all chopped toss with remaining butter and garlic.
- After chicken has cooked for 45 minutes up the oven temp to 400 degrees add the potatoes and sprouts to the dutch oven and allow to cook uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Combine parsley, lemon zest, garlic, and onion in a small bowl.
- When chicken is done remove from pan allow resting 15 minutes before carving. Carve and serve with potatoes and Brussel Sprouts garnish with Gremolata.
Hope you all enjoy this Herb Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts and if you like what you see make sure you sign up for our free weekly newsletter to get a heads up on what’s to come, recipes straight to your inbox, and future giveaways! Also, remember you can show your love by #messycuttingboardrecipes!