The school year has started and that means schedules are jammed packed which makes it hard to make a well-balanced dinner. That is why this Loaded Cheese Burger Noodles the perfect weeknight dinner. A well-balanced meal made in one pot and takes 20 minutes beginning to end.
Do you ever feel like there are not enough hours in a day? How about if you ever regret hitting that take outline more than once a week?
It is hard being a parent nowadays. Am I the only parent that feels like my kids are busier than I am? That they have more on their plate than I did when I was a kid?
I swear I spend more time in my car driving my kids from event to appointments than I do working or sleeping. Our quality time is spent, car seat dancing and talking about our days through the rearview mirror.
That is why this year I decided to share lists of sheet pan meals, special lunches, skillet meals, and one pot wonders meals to hopefully encourage other parents to slow down at least a few hours a week. All these meals are simply quick and full of flavor. But the best part, you will spend more time talking about your day at the dinner table and less time in the kitchen and car.
This Loaded Cheese Burger Noodles is no different. Simple and quick to make. Plus, it is a well-balanced meal in one pot. Best of all it is like copycat hamburger helper but with more flavor and nutrients.
Egg noodles are perfect for one pot wonders kids love them and they cook up quick. There is no need to cook them separately because of how easy they cook up.
Just to demonstrate how easy it is to make Loaded Cheese Burger Noodles here is a breakdown.
Sauté onions in some olive oil
Brown up hamburger, ground chicken, or ground turkey
Add in water
Add in noodles
Cover and cook
Add in milk
Add in cheese
Toss in spinach and allow to wilt
Serve and enjoy
So, if you are a parent like me, and you are sick of the takeout line, plus you want to make a healthy and well-balanced meal your kids will love. Make sure you try out this simple delicious slightly fancy Loaded Cheese Burger Noodles.
Looking for more delicious weeknight quick one pot fixes?
Loaded Cheese Burger Noodles
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 yellow squash chopped
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/5 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- Saute onions in butter with a pinch of salt in a deep frying pan.
- Once onions are softened and slightly transparent brown ground beef in with the onions.
- Once beef is cooked add in zucchini, yellow squash, paprika, black pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder. Stir in egg noodles. Cover with water then cover the pan and let cook 4 minutes.
- Warm milk in microwave 30-45 seconds.
- In a small mixing bowl add flour. Once the noodles have cooked 4 minutes remove lid and stir. Carefully remove some of the extra liquid from the noodles and whisk it in with the flour until a smooth paste is formed.
- Carefully stir in the flour paste (this will thicken up to make the sauce). Stir in milk. Once warm slowly stir in cheese and spinach.
- It is ready to serve when noodles are soft, cheese is melted, the sauce is thick, and spinach is slightly wilted.