One pot wonders
Whether you are a mom, a workaholic, a student of a combination of any of these things we can all agree the world we are living in is a busy one. Which makes our lives in which we live busy?
It’s hard to find time to cook well balanced meals. Is the number one thing I hear from people when asked why you don’t like to cook. The time restraint causes stress and extra anxiety which in turn makes cooking meals more of a burden and a reader chore.
That’s when sheet pan, slow cooker, and one pot wonders come in. Simple meals with fewer ingredients made on or in one pan making clean up a breeze.
Loaded Veggie and chicken pasta bake is one of those simple delicious one pot wonders meals. The best part is once it’s in the oven you can continue with your to-dos or take that time to breath and relax.
Putting together Loaded Veggie and chicken pasta bake is rather simple.
First find a pan that can be used both in the oven and on the stove.
To get the crispy skin on the chicken, dredge chicken in flour and brown both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside until right before it goes in the oven.
Saute veggies in the same pan you sauted the chicken in. Once they start to soften add in pasta and water. Nestle in the chicken and place pan in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven, take the
Serve and enjoy!
Don’t miss a post! Follow us on Instagram for post updates and behind the scene fun!
Looking for more simple weeknight recipes?
Veggie Loaded Chicken And Pasta Bake
For the Chicken
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 chicken thighs
Veggies and Pasta
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1/2 zucchini quartered and sliced
- 1/2 yellow squash quartered and sliced
- 1/2 butternut squash cut in 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp veggie stock base like better than bouillon
- 8 oz Penne Pasta
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
For the Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large deep ovenproof skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- In a large resealable bag place flour, salt, and pepper and give it a quick mix. Add the chicken thighs to the bag and coat with the flour mixture.
- Remove chicken from the bag and shake off any excess flour then carefully place skin side down into hot pan and brown both sides of the chicken. 3-5 minutes per side. Once both sides are brown remove from pan and set aside.
Veggies and pasta
- In the same deep skillet, you browned the chicken place the olive oil, mushrooms, onions with a pinch of salt. Saute for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in zucchini, yellow squash, butternut squash, spinach, marinara, and veggie stock base. Add in 8 oz of Penne Pasta, and 3 1/2 cups of water.
- Nestle in Chicken thighs. Cover and allow to cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the oven and take the chicken out. Up the temp in the oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle half the mozzarella cheese on the pasta then stir it in. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese top of the pasta place the chicken back on top of the pasta and cheese. Place back in the oven and allow to cook 10-15 minutes until chicken skin is crispy.
- Serve and enjoy!