Picture this, you wake up the room is much cooler then you remember. You don’t want to leave you nice warm comfy cocoon you call your bed. Fall is finally here, the summer warmth is gone, cereal with ice cold milk just won’t do. If you do manage to have any time to eat breakfast, you want something warm. That’s where this simple Maple Brown Sugar Fruity Oats come in.
We have all heard of overnight oats. They are fantastic, make ahead, grab and go perfection. These Maple Brown Sugar Fruity Oats are a play on overnight oats.
Loaded with nutritious oats and chia seeds, sweet maple syrup and brown sugar, plus apples and peaches. These oats are not only delicious but quick and easy to whip up on those chilly mornings.
A few years ago, I fell in love with steel oats, yes, they take longer to make but they have more flavor and are less processed. Over the years I tried to find the easiest way to make them up then one day I stumbled across some 3-minute steel oats… these are a true time saver game changer!
Because I am a mom and when my kids see oatmeal they expect it to look a certain way. I mix in some quick rolled oats in with the steel oats. Then adding the chia seeds gives the oats a little extra protein boost. From there you add your flavor.
For Maple Brown Sugar Fruity Oats, I simply added maple syrup, brown sugar, along with some pumpkin spice, and apples and peaches I had hanging out in the fridge. Within 10 minutes you have yourself a nutritious warm and delicious breakfast.
These Maple Brown Sugar Fruit Oats are sure to warm your soul and bet those fall blues. Don’t worry guys summer will come back around and remember without the other wonderful seasons, we may not enjoy the summer sun as much!
Maple Brown Sugar Fruity Oats
- 1 apple peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 peach peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2/3 cup Steel cut oats (3-minute oatmeal)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup quacker 1 minute rolled oats
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- First cut up apple and peach place in a large bowl and stir in lime juice to coat the fruit. This helps them from turning brown
- In a large pot cook up the oats. This recipe used quacker 3-minute steel cut oats and 1 minute rolled oats, so be careful when shopping if you buy another brand or one that is not labeled quick oats follow directions on pack. If you bought quacker quick cook steel cut oats and rolled oats place water in the large pot, once bubbling stir in 3-minute steel cut oats and cook 2 minutes. Then add in the milk, chia seeds, and the rolled oats and cook another minute.
- Stir in pinch of salt, brown sugar, pumpkin spice, the cubed apples and peaches, and maple syrup.
- Allow the oats to cool slightly and serve with an extra drizzle of maple syrup, sprinkle of brown sugar, and a little extra fruit whatever your heart desires.
Hope you all enjoy this Maple Brown Sugar Fruity Oats Recipe and if you like what you see make sure you sign up for our free weekly newsletter to get a heads up on what’s to come, recipes straight to your inbox, and future giveaways! Also, remember you can show your love by #messycuttingboardrecipes!