Thanksgiving is a day you either love or you dread. Why over complicate your menu, you already have enough to do? Quick simple one-sheet Maple Pecan Butternut Squash and Brussel Sprout Medley is the perfect side dish for making your day a little easier.
Use simple, fresh ingredients that can stand out on their own and make your day a little easier. Yep, that is my trick for simple Thanksgiving meal planning. This one-dish Maple Pecan Butternut Squash and Brussel Sprouts Medley is a quick simple side dish your family will love.
Sweet, festive, healthy, and kid-friendly is what makes this dish such a hit no matter who you are feeding. But! The best part is that it is as simple as cut, season, toss, bake, drizzle, and serve.
Most of the ingredients you can buy pre-cut and ready to go, however, if you can’t find cut brussels sprouts or pre-cut butternut squash you can chop it up and it still only takes 10 minutes to prep. Therefore, this is a dish that is an all-around win!
Once all veggies are chopped and ready drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and roasted cinnamon. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until Brussels sprouts are roasted and squash is fork tender.
Finally drizzle with maple syrup, toss, and sprinkle with pecans and serve. I know how can something that taste so festive be so simple!
There is no need to overcomplicate your holiday menu. This Maple Pecan Butternut Squash and Brussel Sprouts Medley is everything you need to be served in one tasty bowl. If you want more tasty Thanksgiving side dishes just check out The Ultimate Thanksgiving Side Dish List.
Maple Pecan Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts Medley
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts halved
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 tbsp roasted cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Once butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, and onions are chopped and ready drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and roasted cinnamon. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until Brussels sprouts are roasted and squash is fork tender.
- Remove veggies from the oven and drizzle with maple syrup, toss around until everything is well coated. Stir in half the pecans. Transfer to baking dish, top with remaining pecans, and serve.