The best part about this Mediterranean Couscous Salad is it can be served hot or cold. It can be a complete meal or a side dish. You can add proteins to it or eat it as is.
So, let’s get to this simple recipe!
I always like to make the dressing first. This allows it time to rest and develop the flavors. All you need to do is whisk together grapeseed oil, red wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, oregano, rosemary, honey, salt, and pepper. Then set it aside.
For the salad combine chopped zucchini, yellow squash, red onion as well as sliced kalamata olives, yellow grape tomatoes. Add in chopped sundried tomatoes, kidney beans, and of course cooked Israeli Couscous pearls.
Stir everything together then toss in the dressing, just enough to coat.
To garnish and for a textural element, I like to add in some toasted garbanzo beans. Yes, sounds fancy but simple to make. Toss the garbanzo beans with olive oil saltand pepper, then place on hot pan stir occasionally to ensure they don’t burnbut get nice and golden toasty!
Mediterranean Couscous Salad is a must when it comes to meal planning a delicious stay on track healthy nutritious week.
Don’t miss a post! Follow us on Instagram for post updates and behind the scene fun!
Looking for more simple meal prepping recipes?
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 yellow squash chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- ⅛ cup kalamata olives sliced
- ¼ cup yellow grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sundried tomatoes minced
- 1 cup kidney beans rinse and drained
- 2 cup Israeli Couscous Pearls Cooked
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano finely chopped
- ¼ tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
Toasted Garbanzo Beans (optional)
- 1 cup garbanzo beans rinse and drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Whisk together grapeseed oil, red wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, oregano, rosemary, honey, salt, and pepper. Then set it aside.
- Cook Couscous according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool to room temp before combining with other ingredients.
- Combine chopped zucchini, yellow squash, red onion as well as sliced kalamata olives, yellow grape tomatoes. Add in sundried tomatoes, kidney beans, and of course cooked Israeli Couscous pearls.
- Toss everything together. Toss in the dressing.
Toasted Garbanzo Beans (optional)
- For best results lay beans out onto a towel and allow to dry before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make sure a rack is placed directly in the middle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place garbanzo beans on paper pour olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on top of them then toss together with hands until everything is coated. Arrange the garbanzo beans on the baking sheet so they are not overlapping each other.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake. Roast, stirring the chickpeas or shaking the pan every 10 minutes. A few chickpeas may pop – that’s normal. The chickpeas are done when golden and slightly darkened, dry and crispy on the outside, and soft in the middle, 20 to 30 minutes total.
- Allow cooling 2-3 minutes before eating.
Looking For More Recipes
Be sure to head over to The Messy Cutting Boards Recipe Box where you will find family-friendly meals no matter what the season.