Just because it is vegetarian doesn’t mean the leftovers should go to waste or you should be stuck just reheating and eating the same thing over and over again. How about we take those leftovers and transform them into a new satisfying and full of flavor meal! Mushroom Black Bean Pattie transformed into an incredible Breakfast Stack!
So I have three options, reheat and eat the same thing every day, trash them, or transform them into another meal. Now when it comes to veggie burgers transforming them can be tricky. Yes, you can always chop them up and put them in a quesadilla, or in a pasta, but I wanted to be lazy something with little effort. Hey… I have a 7-month-old and a special needs kid this mama really needed a break and a nap!
The first thing I did was cut up and fry some leftover potatoes. Then I fried up the Black Bean Mushroom Patty and finally I fried up the egg. Since it was not my breakfast I decided to add some healthy spinach and arugula as the base. Placed the potatoes on top the spinach and the arugula and the heat slightly wilted them. Then came the Mushroom Black Bean Patty and the fried egg, salt, pepper and a pinch of paprika.
When you cut into the egg and let that ooey gooey yolk drip over everything it’s just heaven on a plate with every bite. Mushroom Black Bean Patty Breakfast Stack is satisfying ways to use up those, leftover, veggie burgers.
Hope you all enjoy and if you like what you see make sure you sign up for our free weekly newsletter to get a heads up on what’s to come, recipes straight to your inbox, and future giveaways! Also, remember you can show your love by #messycuttingboardrecipes!
Mushroom Black Bean Patty Breakfast Stack
- 1 Mushroom Black Bean Patty
- 2 cups baby spinach baby arugula blend
- 1 cup leftover potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- On a small plate place spinach and arugula in the middle. This is the base of your stack.
- In a medium skillet place olive oil and fry the potatoes over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes until they become toasted on the outside. Once done place potatoes on top of spinach and arugula.
- Place Mushroom Black Bean Patty in the same skillet you fried the potatoes. Cook 2 minutes on each side to warm it through. Place Patty on top of the potatoes.
- Fry up the egg in the same skillet you cooked the patty and potatoes in. Crack the egg in the pan allow to cook 1 minute then cover until it reaches your desired doneness. 2 minutes for a runny egg, 3 for slightly runny and 5 for well done (always check the yoke before removing it from the pan to be sure it is done how you like it).
- Place egg on top of the patty, sprinkle with salt, pepper and a pinch of paprika and enjoy!!