Sometimes we over complicate things when really they are extremely simple. Parmesan Garlic Potato Slices are exactly what they sound like. Light, crispy, savory and zesty bites of heaven!
Many years ago I took a girl’s trip for a dear friend’s bachelorette celebration. We enjoyed a lot of great fun along with some incredible food.
We went to a burger joint one day for lunch and I remember ordering an antioxidant cocktail to make me feel better about all my bad choices. I also ordered a burger (don’t remember what kind) and some garlic parmesan fried.
I must admit that was the first time I ever thought of putting parmesan garlic on potatoes. It really was a heavenly combination you didn’t even need the homemade ketchup that came with them!
Why Baked Slices Not Fries
First thing first, I did not have a frier the first time I made a homemade version of parmesan garlic fries.
Like many of you I an not a fan of deep-frying on the stovetop. The clean-up alone… no thank you… who has time for that? The same goes for a deep fryer.
I haven’t jumped on the air fryer ban wagon yet.
Therefor baking them on a high temp in the oven was the most practical option!
How to Make Parmesan Garlic Potato Slices
- First, wash (scrub) the outside of the potatoes.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Then slice into 1/8 inch width slices.
- Place all the potatoes in a big bowl
- Add to the potatoes olive oil, garlic, salt, and parmesan cheese, and toss together.
- Pour and spread out the contents of the bowl onto a lined baking sheet. Keep in mind the more spaced out they are (not touching) the crispier they will become, overlap or pile them up the softer they will be.
- Bake in a 400 oven for 30 minutes. Flipping the potatoes halfway through to brown evenly.
- There you have it. Once done allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
The lesson of this recipe! Just because something is delicious doesn’t mean it is complicated. Parmesan Garlic Potato Slices are proof that a few simple ingredients make the best dishes!
Parmesan Garlic Potato Slices Recipes
Parmesan Garlic Potato Slices
- 6 large red potatoes cut ⅛ inch slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic
- ½ tbsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Place potatoes on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Up the temp to 425 degrees and bake for 10 more minutes until the outside of the potatoes begins to brown.
- Remove from oven. Allow to slightly cool before serving.