A sweet treat or breakfast is the only question you will be asking when you whip up this special breakfast treat. Peanut Butter Chocolate French Toast Roll Up is one of those things we moms like to refer to as a rewarding breakfast.
As a mom there are moments, we reward our kids for doing good. It could be simple awards like a pack of Pokemon cards, or money for getting A’s on their report card.
I am the type of mom that makes it a bit farther. Every Friday we reward ourselves for making it through another week. After Jane went through chronic depression including suicidal thoughts and I started having panic attacks making it through a week is a big deal, therefore, we do Pizza Friday every Friday.
Then there are times when my kids do fantastic during the week, they help out, they don’t fight, they are just amazing! That is when they wake up to sweet treat breakfast like these Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast Roll-Ups.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast Roll-Ups
- Warm-up cream in the microwave and carefully stir in chocolate. This is called tempering the chocolate. Most chocolates can’t just be melted directly in the microwave they have to be slowly melted down to ensure the chocolate does not burn.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted Stir in the peanut butter. At this part like to set the mixture in the fridge so it sets, and while I roll and flatten the bread.
- Now roll and flatten the bread. It is as simple as taking a rolling pin and making the bread slices think about a 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Make an egg wash with eggs and milk
- Now remove the chocolate peanut butter mixture from the fridge and spread on one thinned out bread slice and roll like a fruit roll-up.
- Melt butter in a frying pan.
- Then roll the roll-up around in egg wash and place in the frying pan. Cook until brown on one side and flip, repeat until all sides are brown.
Plate up and serve. This recipe makes 6-8 Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast Roll-Ups depends on how thick you spread the mixture.
So next time you want to treat your kids to a special thank you. Just wipe up a patch of these Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast Roll-Ups and remember if you have a great week to you can always make them for yourself.
Other Breakfast Treats
Get the Peanut Butter Chocolate French Toast Roll Up Recipe
Peanut Butter Chocolate French Toast Roll Up
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate melts chocolate that has to be tempered
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6-8 slices sandwich bread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Warm up cream in the microwave 1-2 minutes until hot, carefully remove from the microwave and carefully stir in the chocolate melts.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted stir in the peanut
butter. Place the Chocolate Peanut Butter Mixture in the fridge for at least 45 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- While waiting for the mixture to thicken taking a rolling pin and roll over the sandwich bread slices making them thin (about 1/8 of an inch thin)
- In a shallow dish and whisk the eggs and milk together with a pinch of salt-making an egg wash
- Remove the chocolate peanut butter mixture from the fridge. Take some of the mixtures and spread on one thinned out bread slice and roll that slice up like a fruit roll-up.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Roll the roll-up around in egg wash and place it in the frying pan. Cook until brown (2-3 minutes) on one side and flip, repeat until all four sides are brown.
- Plate up and serve.