Looking for a diverse recipe to add to your meal plan and or holiday plan this fall? Look no farther! Rosemary Thyme Acorn Squash is a recipe that can be served during the busy work week but is fancy enough to be added to your holiday menu.
Fall is just around the corner and do you know what that means?
Squash will be in season!!
I love winter squash, the creamy texture, the sweet yet earthy flavor, and how versatile they can be. We are talking made into soups, served as sides or used as vessels for weeknight dinners.
There is butternut, spaghetti, buttercup, but my favorite is acorn squash. The sweet nutty flavor combined with the creamy tender texture. It can be combined with so many flavors from brown sugar cinnamon to this one right here Rosemary and Thyme.
When it comes to this squash and this recipe it can be made in 1 of 2 ways. If it is just you and your family cut it in half, remove the seeds and guts and rub the rosemary and thyme butter mixture on the inside of the squash and call it good.
However, when you are feeding a crowd, make it a little fancier. After cutting it in half and removing the seeds and guts slice the squash in ¼ inch slices and rub both sides with the rosemary and thyme butter.
Slicing the squash is a simple way to give the dish a little more wow plus makes it easier to serve when a crowd is involved.
So next time you have a dinner party, holiday party, or just a family Sunday dinner. This simple and delicious Rosemary Thyme Acorn Squash Slice does not just look amazing it requires minimal effort and can be made with minimal time.
Simple Sides For Weeknights and Holidays
Rosemary Thyme Butter Squash Slices
- Sheet pan
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 fresh sprigs rosemary coarsely chopped
- 4 fresh sprigs thyme coarsely chopped
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9 X13 baking dish with baking nonstick paper
- In a mixing bowl combine butter, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper
- Cut acorn squash in half and remove the seeds and guts. Then cut in slices.
- Take the butter mixture and spread on both sides of each slice (thin spread). Then lay flat on the baking sheet and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!