Eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland, boring, or make you dread your dinner. Moderation along with herbs and spices is the key to making fabulous healthy meals. That is why Shrimp and Spinach Flounder Roll Up with Baby Bella Spaghetti is a must for any healthy meal plan!
Shrimp and Spinach Flounder Roll Up with Baby Bella Spaghetti is one of my favorite healthy dishes! It is light yet filling, healthy but not bland, plus I get a few healthy carbs. Everything I need to keep on track.
It is January, which means the start of a new year. We all make goals, resolutions, plans for a better year than the last. Some say I am going to eat healthier some say I will get healthy, lose 10 pounds, live a better more fulfilling life, so on and so forth, I think you get the direction I am going here.
Whatever you may want out of 2018 won’t be possible unless you are healthy and take care of yourself. Diet is a big factor in having a healthy self. No, I am not talking about going on a diet, because I don’t believe in them. I believe the second you limit yourself or cut something out that you enjoy (unless it is truly bad for you, aka drugs, a copious amount of alcohol and thing like that), you are going to fail. Moderation is the key, learn self-control, and limit things like sugar, carbs, and fats.
This is a hard feat, self-control when what you love is right in front of you! That is why dishes like Shrimp and Spinach Flounder Roll Up with Baby Bella Spaghetti are a must. Loaded with bold flavor, rich and creamy filling, nutritious, flaky butter white fish, served over a bed of filling fiber loaded whole wheat pasta!
Now words like, rich, creamy, buttery, and pasta don’t sound very healthy. Right? But! In moderation, which is what, Shrimp and Spinach Flounder Roll Up with Baby Bella Spaghetti, is about. It is the perfect balanced healthy family dinner you are looking for.
Served with some extremely simple bacon flavored asparagus! This Shrimp and Spinach Flounder Roll Up with Baby Bella Spaghetti is an all-around healthy family favorite I like to make when we want to tiptoe on the line of indulgence.
Now all that is left is to pour yourself a drink, turn up those good tunes and get to cookin’!
Shrimp and Spinach Flounder Roll Up with Baby Bella Spaghetti
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 4 strips bacon sliced into small strips
- 1/2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 4 baby portabella mushrooms sliced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 tbsp dry parsley
- 3 large cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup Veggie Stock
- 6 boned and skinless flounder fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 lb raw shrimp chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp chive and onion cream cheese spread
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup shredded Italian 4 cheese blend
- 1/8 cup shaved Asiago cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cook pasta 2 minutes less than package directions recommends, Before straining set 1 cup of the pasta water aside. For later.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl mix cream cheese, spinach, shrimp, pepper, paprika, and Italian cheese blend with a pinch of salt. Layout the flounder fillets and spread 1 1/2 tablespoon of the mixture on one side, lay a few of the asiago cheese shreds on top of the spread. Roll up and place seam side down on a cutting board or plate.
- In a cast iron skillet fry up the bacon. Once brown and crispy remove and let rest on paper towel to remove any extra grease. CAREFULLY Drain out any excess bacon grease, you may leave some in the pan THE GREASE IS HOT. Add butter and olive oil to bacon grease in the pan. Add mushrooms and onions with a pinch of salt and saute over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Once onions are slightly translucent and mushrooms have started to brown add the parsley and garlic and let cook for 5 seconds until you smell the garlic. Slowly and carefully stir in veggie stock. Place your flounder roll-ups in the cast iron skillet seam side down in with the sauce. Place cast iron in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully remove the flounder roll-ups. Set them aside. Place cast iron with sauce on the stove over medium heat. Add pasta, pasta water, and 1/2 the bacon. Toss to mix and allow pasta to finish cooking in the sauce. Once all water is absorbed pasta is done.
- Garnish with remaining bacon, serve and enjoy!