Summertime is here, which means BBQs, cookouts, and fun in the sun. Getting together with friends and family is a must, and when you are faced with feeding a crowd, keeping it simple is the key. The Simple All-American Hamburger is the burger everyone will enjoy!
Who doesn’t love getting together with friends and family? But, let’s face it the prep can be a little overwhelming. The best thing to do is keep it simple, prep everything you can in advance so when people show up you can enjoy their company instead of run around.
For a big crowd, you can’t go wrong with hamburgers, hot dogs, brats and to make sure everyone is happy and satisfied veggie burgers.
For your hamburgers the easier they are to put together the better. Growing up we were taught to add eggs and bread crumbs to your hamburgers to help stretch a buck. But! Be careful too much bread crumbs and eggs will make it taste and feel like a flat meatball.
My advice is to keep it simple, 1 lb ground beef, a splash of Worcestershire sauce, 1 egg, and 1/8 cup bread, and 2 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning (click for the recipe or buy over the counter). Mix all together just until it is combined, roll, pat into patties, and set aside until grill time.
Relax and have great flavor with some great company with the simple all The Simple All-American Hamburger, and don’t forget your Italian Cheesy Garlic Steak Fries!!
Hope you all enjoy and if you like what you see make sure you sign up for our free weekly newsletter to get a heads up on what’s to come, recipes straight to your inbox, and future giveaways! Also, remember you can show your love by #messycuttingboardrecipes!
The Simple All-American Hamburger
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg Whisked
- 1/8 cup Plain bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Montreal steak seasoning
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. With your hands combine all the ingredients together. Divide contents of the bowl into 4 equal parts. Roll each part into a ball then into a patty about 3/4 inches thick.
- You can cook right away or you can refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- When you are ready to cook, use your thumb and make a shallow depression in the center of each burger to prevent puffing up during cooking.
- Place burgers on the grill, close lid& BBQ until NO LONGER PINK INSIDE, turning once, about 6 – 8 minutes per side. or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- If you want cheese place your favorite cheese on top of the burger for 1 minute before removing the hamburger from the grill.
- Top your burger how you please and enjoy, careful it may still be hot!!