Busy nights call for quick and easy meals. This Simple Spaghetti made with Quick Marinara can be put together in less than 30 minutes and to make it even better kids love it!
Why does it seem like there is never enough hours in a day? You wake up, run around getting the kids and yourself ready, just to get out the door in the nick of time. It’s always that one shoe that goes missing, you know the one that belongs to the pair your kid just has to wear.
Then the rest of your day goes by and even though you get stuff done you get nothing done. To top it off you forgot to take something out for dinner.
Am I the only one that has days like that?Well I cannot solve the shoe issue or the feeling of not accomplishing anything even though you did. But! I can answer that dinner question. A simple spaghetti made with a quick marinara sauce.
If you have a can of diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning, oh and noodles, you can have dinner done in less than 30 minutes. It is as simple as make noodles, and while those are cooking, combine the marinara ingredients in a large sauce pot, warm through, finally once the noodles are done add the noodles and you are set… dinner is served.Okay so here is a trick for people that don’t like chunks of tomato. Take you can of diced tomatoes and place it into a food processor, I use my smoothie cup attachment; it’s the perfect size and easier to clean up (meaning easier to fit into my dishwasher).
Hope you all enjoy and if you like what you see make sure you sign up for our free weekly newsletter to get a heads up on what’s to come, recipes straight to your inbox, and future giveaways! Also remember you can show your love by #messycuttingboardrecipes!
Quick Marinara Sauce
- 1 15 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 cup water
- In a large sauce pot add all ingredients
- Stir to combine
- Cook over medium low heat until heated through 15-20 minutes
- 1 lb package spaghetti noodles
- 1 batch Marinara Sauce recipe on page above
- 1 cup pasta water the water you cooked your pasta in
- Make the noodles according to package instructions
- When noodles are about 3/4 the way done toss them with the marinara sauce and one cup pasta water (water you cooked your pasta in).
- Allow noodles to finish cooking in sauce.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Leave a Reply