When the holidays have come and gone, and the thought or sight of food just isn’t appealing, but you must eat. What is one to do? Lightweight, satisfying, filling meals is the way to go. That is why I love this Skinny Crispy Bang Bang Shrimp, loading with flavor yet doesn’t weigh you down!
Year after year, holiday after holiday, I tend to go through phases of not wanting yet another heavy meal. That is what makes this Skinny Crispy Bang Bang Shrimp one of my favorites. It’s filling enough so I don’t feel hungry an hour after eating, light enough that I don’t feel weighed down and ready for a nap, and the best part is loaded with bold, savory, slightly sweet and spicy flavors that I don’t feel like I am missing something.
After the holidays I am never in the mood for food!! I don’t know why I mean I LOVE food, maybe it’s because the holidays are like a total food overload. I mean seriously everywhere you look there is food! Am I the only one that like that?
Shrimp is one of those proteins that are light yet filling perfect for those not in the mood for food nights! The second big part of those nights, where food doesn’t sound good, but you need to eat, is making sure you have something with loads of flavors. These two things combined will make sure you will eat a healthy, light, satisfying meal without it feeling like a chore.
That is why this Skinny Crispy Bang Bang Shrimp is one of my favorites and perfect for those nights. Oh, and did I mention it is easy to put together and a quick clean up! That is what we moms call winning!
So now all that is left is for you to grab yourself a drink, put on some good music, and get cookin’!!
Skinny Crispy Bang Bang Shrimp
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled and cleaned
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground sea salt
- 2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Liberally spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix Greek yogurt, honey, sriracha, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Take out 1/8 cup of this mixture and set aside for later.
- Mix Panko breadcrumbs and red pepper flakes in another small mixing bowl.
- Hold shrimp by the tail and dunk into the greek yogurt blend, shake off all excess yogurt blend, roll into the panko breadcrumb mixture, and lay onto the sprayed cooking sheet. Repeat until you have completed all shrimp.
- Once shrimp is all done, place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until outside breading is crispy. No need to flip.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with the 1/8th cup yogurt sauce you set aside and serve.