Busy work week got you thinking a homemade healthy dinner is going to be impossible. What if I told you it can be done in 20 minutes or less? Spicy Garlic Salmon is a delicious satisfying quick fix dinner your whole family will enjoy.
(Original post date January 22, 2019 / Links and post updated Dec 22, 2022)
Most of the time I give you a backstory on how things can about, but this Spicy Garlic Salmon recipe was just a throw together during a busy week. Since then it is one of our go-to meals when we feel we don’t have time.
The best part is it is made in foil so clean up is abreeze. Pair it with some Whole Grain Quinoa and Wild Rice Microwave Pouches and Steamed Veggies dinner will be made, served, and eaten in the amount of time it will take you to wait in the drive-through line.
How to Make Spicy Garlic Salmon
- Whisk together soy sauce, Worcestershire, mirin, sesame oil, ground ginger, sriracha, minced garlic, and cilantro with some olive oil.
- Take 2 large pieces of tin foil and crisscross the foil in cast iron skillet. Place Salmon on top of foil pour on sauce then close and seal the tin foil.
- I like to place my foil in an oven proof pan or baking sheet just in case a tear is there. No need to dirty up your kitchen or dirty up your oven floor. Then place in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and test the fish. Poke with fork give the fork a twist if it easy shreds it is ready to eat.
That is, it for this Spicy Garlic Salmon. The only way it could get easier is if you have a kitchen gene that makes all your meals for you by just snapping their fingers.
It is mildly spicy, but I love spice. I recommend adding a little siracha to start then adding more if you would like it more spicy.
Coconut rice and stir fry veggies are my go to. It is also good with rice noodles and roasted broccoli.
One simple way to test your fish is to poke it with a fork and slightly rotate the fork. If the fish easily flakes then it is ready. If new to cooking I recommend using a thermometer, farm raised salmon is done when it reaches 125 degrees, wild caught is done at 120 degrees.
Looking for more simple quick fish recipes?
Recipe for Spicy Garlic Salmon
Spicy Garlic Salmon
- 4 individual salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tbsp Worcestershire
- ½ tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tbsp sriracha
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons or limes sliced into wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place 2 pieces of tin foil on a cast iron skillet making a cross shape.
- Whisk together soy sauce, Worcestershire, mirin, sesame oil, ground ginger, sriracha, minced garlic, cilantro, and olive oil.
- Place the salmon skin down on tin foil. Pour sauce onto the salmon fillets. fold and seal the foil. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Be careful when opening foil hot steam will come out and it can burn. Serve with lemon or lime wedges and enjoy!