A simple and extremely easy side dish that will outshine your main course!! This Spring Color Roasted Vegetable Medley is loaded with vibrate colors and a light refreshing flavor. Plus they take less than 30 minutes to prep and make!
We focus so much time and effort on the main dishes for our family dinners. You know those meals where the whole family is home, no sporting events, no classes, no errands, no work… those rare nights! But! Since we focus so much on the main dish we sometimes forget that the sides should be just as amazing.
That is what is so amazing about this vegetable medley. It is so simple yet, full of flavor. It stands out on its own but takes under 30 minutes to prep and make. Oh, the colors, just make Spring Color Roasted Vegetable Medley a must for any spring family get together.
All you need to do it take a package of multi-colored cauliflower florets (most grocery stores carry it now over by the salads) and break them up into bite size pieces, half a pound of fresh green beans trimmed and cut, half a zucchini halved and sliced, half of a summer yellow squash halved and sliced.
Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Toss together, place on a baking sheet, and roast for 15 minutes! Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Bing, Bang, Boom that’s all she wrote. Super easy side dish for those fancy rare family dinners! Tons of flavor minimal effort!
To make this complete meal check out:
Hope you all enjoy and if you like what you see make sure you sign up for our free weekly newsletter to get a heads up on what’s to come, recipes straight to your inbox, and future giveaways! Also, remember you can show your love by #messycuttingboardrecipes!
Spring Color Roasted Vegetable Medley
- 1 pkg assorted color cauliflower broken down into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 zucchini sliced
- 1/2 yellow summer squash sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and grease a medium baking sheet
- Add cauliflower, green beans, zucchini, and yellow squash to the baking sheet.
- Drizzle all the vegetables with olive oil and the lemon juice. Sprinkle the lemon zest salt and pepper over all the veggies. Now toss all together and spread out on the baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes
- Remove to oven and allow to cool slightly before serving