Zingy, tart, and sweet are the three words that best describe this simple Strawberry Balsamic Dressing. Amazing on salads, or used for a sauce in a grain bowl it is a simple way to add quick and simple flavor to your dish.
(Original post date April 30, 2020/ Links and post updated September 4, 2021)
When we first moved out to the country I knew it would be a challenge to get the items and the things I like. I just didn’t know how hard.
It’s really funny the things you miss. I never went out to eat much but miss grabbing a salad at Panera or at the salad bar at the local market. I really miss the variety of salad dressing.
That was when I started making my own. I needed variety for a reasonable price.
How to Make Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
Salad dressing seems like too much extra work, but, honestly, it is as simple as putting it all in a blender and hitting a button.
- In a smoothie blender add in your strawberries, balsamic, olive oil, thyme, mint, and rosemary.
- Blend until smooth
- Top whatever your heart desires and enjoy
Most homemade dressing, this one including, are great marinade for chicken or shrimp as well. You are also not just limited to salads they are great on grain bowls as a sauce. The possibilities are truly endless with this Strawberry Balsamic Dressing.
More Meal Ideas
FAQ and Tips
Common Questions that get asked about the recipe, and tips to save you time and money.
- Can I make this with frozen strawberries?
You sure can, just keep in mind the dressing may be thinner.
- Can I freeze what I don’t use?
Absolutely! I would use an ice cube trays to pre measure out serving sizes to make it easier to grab and go.
- I am allergic to strawberries, can I use other berries?
Rasberries and blackberries are great substitutes for this recipe.
Get the Recipe for Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
- 4 Large Fresh Strawberries
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ⅛ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Cut the strawberries into quarters.
- Place the strawberries into a blender along with the olive oil, balsamic vinigar, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over salad, protein, or grain bowl and serve.
Let’s Get Social
Follow Instagram | Facebook to get post updates and behind the scenes craziness
Looking For More Recipes
Be sure to head over to The Messy Cutting Boards Recipe Box where you will find family-friendly meals no matter what the season.
Leave a Reply