Who doesn’t love potatoes? They are truly a diverse food, simple to make, and the perfect blank canvas for a wide variety of flavors. Today we are going to make a savory, tangy, slightly crispy, veggie-loaded Sun-Dried Tomato Potato Hash that will make your taste buds do a little happy tango!
Sorry to leave you guys hanging on Tuesday, but mommy duties call! Okay, so we left off at the Herb Pork Chop being done and we were getting ready to make the Sun-Dried Tomato Potato Hash. What I love about this meal is it can all be made in one pan. The hash is fast and easy to put together and it is made while the pork chops are resting. The veggies are mixed in with the hash making this dish kid-friendly and mother approved.
If you have leftover baked potatoes and sweet potatoes, this recipe is the perfect use for them. However, if you do not, I recommend pre-cooking the potatoes. Cooking with raw potatoes will take longer and you will not get them as crispy. The best way to do this is to pierce all around the potatoes with a fork then wrap them in a damp dishcloth and microwave them for 6-8 minutes. They should be as tender as a baked potato when they are done.
Now let’s cook! In the same pan, you made your pork chops, fry up your bacon. Once crispy remove from the pan and set aside on a paper towel. Place onions in the pan with the rendered bacon grease and sauté on medium low until they start to become translucent At that point add rosemary, thyme, and garlic. Stir in the diced pre-cooked potatoes and a splash of Worcestershire. Add in sun-dried tomatoes, red peppers, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms and Dijon mustard. Let everything mingle and cook for 2-4 minutes then finally toss in that yummy salty bacon.
Yep for a dish with so many ingredients it really is that simple! Now if you are not a fan of any of the veggies in this dish, remember recipes are just guided lines, so leave out, add more or substitute away.
Now serve the savory, tangy, sweet Sun-Dried Tomato Potato Hash with juicy, earthy, tender Herb Pork Chop and your family will have a hearty family dinner in less than 45 minutes. And hopefully, in time I will get better at the whole Instagram recipe storytelling thing!
Sun Dried Tomato Potato Hash
- 4 slices Applewood smoked bacon chopped
- 3 medium Russet Potatoes leftover baked potato or precooked
- 1 medium Sweet Potato leftover baked or precooked
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 4 Brussels sprouts shaved
- 4 sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 3 baby portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Stone Ground Dijon Mustard
- salt and pepper
- If you do not have leftover potatoes or sweet potatoes pre-cook the potatoes by piercing all around the potatoes with a fork then wrap them in a damp dishcloth and microwave them for 6-8 minutes.
- Fry up the bacon. Once crispy remove from the pan and set aside on a paper towel. Place onions in the pan with the rendered bacon grease and sauté on medium low until they start to become translucent.
- Add rosemary, thyme, and garlic. Stir in the diced pre-cooked potatoes and a splash of Worcestershire. Stir in sun dried tomatoes, red peppers, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms and Dijon mustard. Allow everything to cook for 2-4 minutes then toss in the cooked bacon.