Yes another left over creation from our turkey day fest!! I have so many left overs it is insane. Turkey Pot Pie is a simple and filling way to use up those leftovers. With a stuffing crust, loaded with veggies and turkey, covered in gravy, topped with a delicious warm biscuit… What is there not to love? Turkey Pot Pie is a must with your left over Thanksgiving meal.
I love stuffing!! It is one of my favorite sides during the holidays. So what better way to make sure it doesn’t go to waste than to incorporate it into your pot pie and use it as a crust. All you have to do is take a spoon full and smash it into the bottom and sides of the dish/dishes you are making your pot pie in.
The filling is really simple too, take your turkey, some veggies, left over gravy and some stock mix it in a pot over medium heat and BOOM you have your filling.
And because you spent most of your time in the kitchen slaving away at the fest go easy on yourself buy some refrigerated biscuits and top your pie.
Yes folks it is that simple to make your pot pie. In approximately an hour you will have a family satisfying meal that will turn leftover night into a hit!!
Turkey Pot Pie
- 2 cups Leftover stuffing
- 2 cups leftover gravy
- 4 cups turkey stock or chicken stock
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups chopped up leftover turkey
- 6 refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- In a large sauce pan combine gravy, stock, onion peas, carrots and peas. Cook until it starts to bubble. Stir occasionally. This is the filling.
- I use individual serving dishes, but you can you one large one if you would like. Spray really well. Take the stuffing and use it as a base. Push it down, smash it to the floor of the dish and spread it out to the edges, you want the base to be fully coated in stuffing.
- Take the filling and fill up the dish ¾ of the way full. You want to leave room for it to bubble over and room for the biscuit.
- Take the biscuit and stretch them out to cover the top of you individual serving dish. If you are using a large dish then go ahead stretch them out slightly and lay them about ½ inch apart.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Hint: check and make sure that your biscuit is cooked before serving. Just because it is golden on the top doesn’t me it is cooked all the way through. Look at the underneath part, it may look soggy but it should not look doughy.