Another month has come and gone and 2019 is just flying by! How was everyone’s month?
Ours was pretty, low key, which is nice because once summer starts it may start to get a little crazy. Moving closer to family has been such a blessing, my only complaint is the hours in a day is not enough to satisfy everyone.
Anyone else have both families in the same area and struggle with the balance… or should I say making everyone happy with the time they are given?
It just seems like someone is always complaining. We do our best to divide the time between the two families. Our issue is we have one family that gathers at one place. So, we spend a lot of time over at one person’s house seeing several family members. Then the other side we must jump house to house, so everyone’s time is divided. I just don’t know what to do, so I have learned to brush it off, and now that is upsetting people.
I do care that people are hurt, however, there comes a time when you realize you can’t please everyone. Life is too short to worry about these little petty things. All I want to do is enjoy the time I have with the people I love no matter the amount of time because it isn’t about the amount of time but more about the memories, we create in the time given.
I am never going to win this,
I really want to say, “Oh well,” but I am cursed with being a people pleaser. Damn me.
Well, that is my main thought this month. Fixing an unfixable situation has occupied way too much of my time. Now on to more important things last months high lights and a look forward.
- Chili Butter Roasted Chicken
- Whisking Thoughts: Progress is Progress
- Garlic Butter Potato Bites
- Special Meal For a Special Lady: Happy Mother’s Day
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Pork Chops
- April: Lit List
- Let BBQ Season Begin: Memorial Day BBQ Line Up
- Spring Chicken and Rice
- Get Your Shit Straight: Want Vs. Need and Creating a Budget
Changes: Last month I launched a second Instagram page for the blog. The original will be focused on recipes just like it has always been, and the new one is more focused on
Life Scrambles Currently: Just overhear wrapping up the school year with connections academy! Did a tour of Jane’s new school for next year, she is excited but nervous. Which her normal fears bring me some weird peace since a few years ago it would not be like this. Thank God for ABA Therapy and early interventions/diagnosis.
Watching: I have been hooked on documentaries this month. Mainly missing person murder documentaries on Netflix: Abducted in Plain Sight, Amanda Knox, Casting JonBenet. Also the Netflix original Safe… it is one of those shows that after the first episode you just have to keep watching.
- Fiction: I See You by Clare Mackintosh
- Self: Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life by Gary John Bishop
- Nonfiction: Hungry Heart by Jennifer Weiner
- Kids: Handful of Usborne Books and The Chronicles of Narnia
Hooked On Eating/Seasoning: Hooked on Farro which has a barley feel to it. Nutty flavor cooks up similar to rolling boil rice. Can be used as a simple side or combined with other ingredients to make a salad. Israeli Couscous is nutty but the texture is more like little balls of pasta even though it is a grain. Cooked up like rolling boil rice as well. Can be served just plain and simple or you can also create amazing salads with. Both are great alternatives for upcoming grilling season for BBQ side dishes.
Working On: Back to School Readiness, my little secret project, and some Stress-Free Holiday posts and plans
Excited For: My niece’s graduation!! My little pumpkin head is graduating High School, which makes me feel old and full of pride all at once!
Look Ahead: Starting in June Back to School Readiness will be starting. These are tips and tricks to a less stress school year.
Bloggers That Inspire:
- Asian Caucasian: Fist their name is so catchy and second their recipes are out of this world! Since moving to this small town I have missed some good Chinese flavors thanks to them I no longer miss or crave them I can make them straight from my kitchen!
- Jessica Merchant from How Sweet Eats: Yet another Foodie Mama! I have loved her since she talked about her love for James Taylor then I check out her site and her photos make me just want to lick my screen and her simple break downs and just her overall voice is so captivating!
So there you have it the good the bad and the ugly. As always you can keep up this crazy thing called my life by following @messycuttingboard (for recipes), @mcb_lifescrambles (for life) @littlelulusbookclub (for