Hey everyone! Happy April!! My birthday month! How was everyone’s March?
Ours was great! If you are new to the Messy Cutting Board, Whisking Thoughts are just that, thoughts plus highlights from the previous month. Also, in life scrambles is the Get Your Shit Straight Series where I talk about steps, I am taking to lower my budget and become as debt free as possible after my husband and I both got laid off/let go from our jobs in a two-year span.
Rebuilding is never easy but last month was amazing. After selling and paying off both mortgages to
We still have ways to go but progress is progress and that is something to celebrate!
I find that in these crazy times we don’t give ourselves enough credit for the small accomplishments. But! Small steps are the stepping stones for big life-changing things and those stepping stones are as equally important as the final result.
So today treat yourself for all the progress you have made so far this year!
My treat will be a nice chocolaty chewy brownie or maybe two!
Now on to March’s highlights, updates, life things, and a look ahead!
Last Month High Lights/Changes: I noticed the site was running a little slow and getting bogged down. So I switched hosts and happy to say everything went smooth for the most part. The only thing we lost was the Recipe Box, which indexes all the recipes.
This wasn’t the first time this year it has glitched out and disappeared. So, I decided to build my own instead of relying on a plug in. This way it will be fully backed up and less chance of disappearing again. It is live and up on the site now!! RECIPE BOX
- Caprese Grilled Cheese
- Spring Time Kitchen and Home Must-Haves
- Whisking Thoughts: Not Autistic Enough
- Cajun Seafood and Rice
- Loaded Veggie and Chicken Pasta Bake
- March Lit List
- Cinco De Mayo
- Chili Lime Pork Loin with Roasted Stir Fry Veggies
- Get Your Shit Straight: I Owe What
Life Scrambles Currently: As I stated previously we paid off one credit card and paid down another. Woop Woop
We also took a trip to the Springs to see family during spring break! It is so nice being able to see family more!
Watching: Have you seen The Villiage! So much life and emotion in one sitcom I am hooked.
I am also streaming Girlfriends Guide to Divorce and Good Girls on Netflix’s they are both hysterical and I can’t believe I have never seen them til this month.
- Non-Fiction: Twelve Patients: Life and Death at Bellevue Hospital by Eric Manheimer
- Fiction: Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King
- Self: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck by Mark Manson
- Kids: Usborne Books and Chronicles of Narnia Series
- Cooking: The Accidental Vegetarian
Hooked On Eating/Seasoning: Better then Bouillon has been my go-to flavor base lately. Living out in the country with a smaller kitchen I don’t have a ton of room for storage and these bases provide so much flavor and take up less space. Plus they can be used for broth, marinades, dressings, sauces the list goes on and on.
Working On: June posts, Back to School Readiness series (starts in June), Booking Facebook Book Parties for Usbone Books, and just still trying to make this house feel like a home.
Excited For: My first book party!! I am totally OBSESSED with kids books!
Bloggers That Inspire:
- Glenneth Reed my SEO Guru without her I don’t think this site would be doing as well as it has and she breaks things down out of the computer talk and into basic
- Diana Johnson over at Eating Richly! Just her overall tone and personality really jumps off the page. She is another Mom Foodie and her recipes are AMAZING!
So there you have it the good the bad and the ugly. As always you can keep up this crazy thing called my life by following @messycuttingboard (for recipes), @mcb_lifescrambles (for life) @littlelulusbookclub (for
Thank you for all your love and support! Have a great month!