If you are one of the many that love mushrooms you are going to love these simple ooey-gooey, cheesy, Bacon and White Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms.
(Original post date Oct 23, 2017. Links and post updated September 26, 2021)
I don’t remember a party I have hosted where stuffed mushrooms were not on the menu. They are the perfect appetizer. Simple mushrooms stuffed with glorious flavor-loaded cheesy filling and roasted till they are golden brown. Most of the time when you see stuffed mushrooms they are made with large mushrooms, but I prefer medium to small mushrooms, after all, appetizers for a crowd are better served as one-bite snacks or dips (in my opinion).
Well, let’s not waste time talking about the logistics of a stuffed mushroom, and instead let’s get to cooking!
How to make Bacon and White Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
- Anytime you are placing bacon in anything you want to pre-cook it. If you do not you will be left with limp bacon and no one likes limp chewy bacon, it’s just not pleasant. So, precook your bacon and set it aside for later.
- Preheating your oven to 400 degrees, and prepping a baking sheet or pan by spraying it with nonstick spray or lining it with parchment paper.
- In a food processor combine the cream cheeses, bacon, white cheddar, garlic, white pepper, smoked paprika, and green onion. Blend the mixture until everything is well combined.
- In a small mixing bowl combine Italian seasoned bread crumbs with melted butter.
- Wash and remove the stems from the mushrooms. Add a heaping spoon full of the filling in each mushroom cap and place the mushrooms on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle top of the cheese filling in each mushroom with breadcrumb mixture. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Once the tops of the filling are golden brown, and the filling has melted and has become ooey-gooey remove the baking sheet from the oven, allow to cool slightly, serve and enjoy!!
- If your guests are mushroom lovers, they won’t get enough of these savory, flavor-loaded, Bacon and White Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms.
FAQ and Tips
Common Questions that get asked about the recipe, and tips to save you time and money.
- Can these mushrooms be made in advance?
Yes, you can prep them in advance then bake them right before you are ready to serve.
- Can this dish be frozen?
No, when a mushroom gets frozen they tend to get soggy and the filling will not stay in the mushroom.
- I am on a gluten free diet how are these mushrooms without the breadcrumb topping?
You can make these without the breadcrumb toping, however you may loose some of the crunchy textrure. I recommend finding gluten free breadcrumbs (most stores carry them now).
Recipe for Bacon and White Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
White Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12-18 whole button mushroom
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 oz veggie spread cream cheese softened
- 2 strips bacon
- ½ cups white cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 green onion chopped
- ¼ cup italian bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray
- In a frying pan fry up bacon until brown and crisp. When done remove bacon strips from pan and set aside on a paper towel.
- In a food processor combine cream cheeses, bacon, cheddar, garlic powder, white pepper, smoked paprika, and green onion. Pulse until well combined and blended together.
- Wash and remove stems from mushrooms. Fill each mushroom with a heaping spoon full of filling then set mushrooms in the sprayed baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly, serve and enjoy!
Let’s Get Social
Pin Recipe for Bacon and White Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
Looking For More Recipes
Be sure to head over to The Messy Cutting Boards Recipe Box where you will find family-friendly meals no matter what the season.